• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Zimbabwe Tour in Doubt

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough and I hope so as well.

However I did think it was pathetic of the British government not to cover the fine given their position.
How do Aussie taxpayers feel about their government covering the fine?

pup11

International Coach
Obviously the Aussie taxpayers won't be too happy to see their hard earned money going into ZCU's pockets.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Disagree, apartheid was toppled due to economic sanctions and the events during the state of emergency.. Sports bodies like to think they are big enough to influence and change top level politics, but I doubt it hugely.. Especially in Zimbabwe, where change will only come after Mugabe's death
How old is this guy anyway? Shouldn't it come soon?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Damn, than it shouldn't be that long. He's that old and still like that? How long was he the king/president etc for? If the Zimbabweans didn't like him why don't they overthrow this old chump?(no offense intended)

Do they have a democratic election or is it something else like a monarch?

(sorry i don't know much about Zimbabwean politics etc)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Damn, than it shouldn't be that long. He's that old and still like that? How long was he the king/president etc for? If the Zimbabweans didn't like him why don't they overthrow this old chump?(no offense intended)

Do they have a democratic election or is it something else like a monarch?

(sorry i don't know much about Zimbabwean politics etc)
I'll give you a couple links to sites with information about him, should give you a fair idea.

Wikipedia... sigh.

This site is taking the piss but still.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ (Edmund Burke)
I don't know, but isn't there other countries in worser situation where these governments could do something? Haiti etc?

Last edited: