• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Original Ashes Saga Continues

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
It's only there for next summer, fair enough I say, let them see it. But since neither team owns it or is playing for it as a trophy then all the arguements about keeping it in Australia are void. It's owned by the MCC. But let them see "the looser's trophy" (I guess you will not bother to see it then GB :P:P:P). As Gotchya said, fair enough and everyone is happy all round.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Honestly guys, this is like giving someone a Christmas present, then deciding you want it yourself and asking for them to give it back to you!:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Honestly guys, this is like giving someone a Christmas present, then deciding you want it yourself and asking for them to give it back to you!:rolleyes:
Not if your only sending it over there for display. It's still owned by the MCC, and will still be owned by the MCC when it goes over to Australia...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Which makes the MCC pathetic whingers.

Just because their little élitest clique doesn't run cricket any more...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
They own it, it's their right to do with it as they wish. I can't see the problem with wanting it back. If Australia didn't give it back it would legally be classed as stealing because the MCC own it. It is owned by the MCC. I don't see the problem there. Just because it is a historical piece doesn't mean anything if you use a modern day, buisness view rather than a cricket orientated one.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by Rik
Not if your only sending it over there for display. It's still owned by the MCC, and will still be owned by the MCC when it goes over to Australia...
I never said it wasn't - I was talking about the Aussies...:rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
I was talking to Neil
I never said it wasn't - I was talking about the Aussies...:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: