• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

pasag

RTDAS
I'm a Mark Nicholas fan. Make no apologies for it tbh. He's the best commenator after Benaud imo.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
State bias in Australia

So annoying. Honestly, I couldn't care less if there aren't any Victorians in the national side if we're winning. It's always nice to have someone representing us (vic) and to cheer for at the MCG but the bias you see from some fans toward certain players and in their hometown media is just astounding. Does my head in sometimes.
Zonal bias in India.

So annoying. Honestly, most Indians couldn't care less if there are no Bengalis in the national side if they're winning.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never really heard him go on about Hussey and Langer when he was playing TBH.
Probably because he doesn't perceive them as "natural, raw talent" and are more gritty hard workers, don't think that excites him as much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He wouldn't care even then. There are so many people and it is insignificant for him if x from trillions who call his name puts it differently. Except if he is the editor of Wisden.
O...K...

I'll try not to correct someone's misspelling of a name when you're around. :)

I like names to be spelt proprerly, though, mytself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm a Mark Nicholas fan. Make no apologies for it tbh. He's the best commenator after Benaud imo.
What are you smoking? Send me a bit of it please for it will prevent me from wanting to shoot me ears the next time I hear Nicholas' voice.

Perm

Totally agree, I'm a big fan to. He oozes class IMO and is easily the best with words.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
O...K...

I'll try not to correct someone's misspelling of a name when you're around. :)

I like names to be spelt proprerly, though, mytself.
:) I am just kidding around regarding the whole debate about the topic and I am sure you are too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Mark Nicholas-haters grind my cricketing gears.

He's doing what he's paid to do - make a fuss. So complain to the producers.

Perm

FFS, Mark Nicholas-haters grind my cricketing gears.

He's doing what he's paid to do - make a fuss. So complain to the producers.
Seconded, I could understand people complaining if he was just a moron like Healy, but he has been made the "poster boy" for cricket commentary basically and is paid to make a fuss.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Commentators saying the same things about a player/team over and over again, especially when it's not that accurate ITFP.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"New Zealand have no superstars, they're just a tight-knit bunch"
"Australian straight-talkers can't be stomached by over-sensitive Indians"

Oh, sorry Alex...