• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can the VB Series be England's saviour?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by TendulkarMark2
Originally posted by Rik
I dunno England might win, they have the players who can change any game
They have??? then where the hell are they? surely you aren't taking about the players who got pasted in the recent series?
I don't remember Irani or Flintoff getting pasted...or Blackwell in the ICC for that matter...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
NSW & Aussie A should beat us, but hey, ODs can create anything.

Blackwell, Collingwood, Flintoff etc are average ODI "dual performers".

Can we not let this disintegrate into England abuse please or it's a fast track to closure.

Oh yeah, and we had a near-full squad last winter and vs SL last summer.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Just as Central Districts are doing against India right this second? :lol:

Originally posted by Rik

Waht has this match to do with VB series?? Besides its a three day match.Anyway i can't wait to see the Aussies give English team another hammering:lol::lol::lol:

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Rik
Well regardless of the result, atleast the 3 day match will last till 3 days.In England's case, a 5 day match ends in 3 days!!
Will the onedays involving England /Aus last tilll 30th over???:)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik

Waht has this match to do with VB series?? Besides its a three day match.Anyway i can't wait to see the Aussies give English team another hammering:lol::lol::lol:
Same as I'm loving every bit of India struggling against CD :D As has been said before, there is no disgrace in loosing to the best team in the world, but against one of the weaker's District Teams? :D

Originally posted by Rik
Same as I'm loving every bit of India struggling against CD :D As has been said before, there is no disgrace in loosing to the best team in the world, but against one of the weaker's District Teams? :D

The match isn't over yet, so don't keep ur so too high:D:D:D. Indeed there isn't a disgrace in losing to the best side, but the manner in which England is losing is a SHAME:frog::frog::frog:

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
And England have still to play against NSW, though some guys will be hopefull but i know whats gonna happen, it will be an absolute disaster for England!:(:(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
The match isn't over yet, so don't keep ur so too high:D:D:D. Indeed there isn't a disgrace in losing to the best side, but the manner in which England is losing is a SHAME:frog::frog::frog:
Well the West Indies lost all their games, and many other teams have performed similerly. Odd that when India toured Australia in 1999/2000 they only won 2 games during the entire tour, one of those was against New South Wales in a 3 day match and the other was a ODI against Pakistan. They lost the 3 Tests by 285 runs, 180 runs and an Innings and 141 runs. You could argue that India were playing shamefully then. English have hardly done worse.

Originally posted by Rik
Well the West Indies lost all their games, and many other teams have performed similerly. Odd that when India toured Australia in 1999/2000 they only won 2 games during the entire tour, one of those was against New South Wales in a 3 day match and the other was a ODI against Pakistan. They lost the 3 Tests by 285 runs, 180 runs and an Innings and 141 runs. You could argue that India were playing shamefully then. English have hardly done worse.
Atleast India defeated Australia in the home series, England were thrashed by the Aussies even in England!!

And i'm pretty sure that NSW will defeat England, England certainly cannot defeat NSW!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
settle down now guys..its starting to get a little out of control.

Lets just wait & see how both teams doing on their respective tours in the following month before we continue this dodgy topic.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Rik
Atleast India defeated Australia in the home series, England were thrashed by the Aussies even in England!!

And i'm pretty sure that NSW will defeat England, England certainly cannot defeat NSW!!
The difference is that India were playing in conditions that they are used to and Australia were not. English conditions are not as different from Australian ones as Indian ones are from Australian conditions. I'm sorry but if you look at the results of the teams which have toured Australia in the last few years you will find very few won any of the Tests, let alone the warm up games. Also if India are so great how come they didn't crush "weak" old England last summer? If I remember rightly the only Test they looked like winning was Headingly...

I'm sorry but your gonna have to come up with a lot more evedence if you want to say England are disgraceful. If the 2nd best team in the world lost even more badly than England have, in Australia, then you can hardly claim England are a disgrace when they are only the 6th best team in the World or so.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do the Indian supporters seem to hate England so much? To quote Leon Phelps -The Ladieman "Where's the love?"

Anyway, I guess it does help you take your mind off your own troubles.
(Hint: it involves Central Districts)

Originally posted by Rik
The difference is that India were playing in conditions that they are used to and Australia were not. English conditions are not as different from Australian ones as Indian ones are from Australian conditions. I'm sorry but if you look at the results of the teams which have toured Australia in the last few years you will find very few won any of the Tests, let alone the warm up games. Also if India are so great how come they didn't crush "weak" old England last summer? If I remember rightly the only Test they looked like winning was Headingly...
Australia defeated Pakistan in Sharjah, the conditions were NOT similar to the Aussies, yet the same Aussie team lost to India in India, one must be some credit to the Indians.Also, NZ nearly won the test series againt the Australians in Aus, atleast they showed the spirit!
I never said India is a great TEST team, so your objection is baseless, but i'm dead sure India can do better than what England have done in the present Ashes series.

[/quote]I'm sorry but your gonna have to come up with a lot more evedence if you want to say England are disgraceful. If the 2nd best team in the world lost even more badly than England have, in Australia, then you can hardly claim England are a disgrace when they are only the 6th best team in the World or so. [/quote]

SA were indeed disgraced as claimed by Warne/McGrath.The problem with SA is that they simply can't handle the presssure applied by the Aussies in the game.Infact Glen said that SA lost the test matches even befoire it had actually begun.But just because SA lost badly to the Aussies doesn't mean its acceptable for the English team to lose in such an awful manner.NZ are ranked lower than England, yet they played better cricket against the Aussies!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
No the rankings for test cricket are:

1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. New Zealand
4. England
5. Sri Lanka
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. West Indies

and then fill in the rest..

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Tim
No the rankings for test cricket are:

1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. New Zealand
4. England
5. Sri Lanka
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. West Indies

and then fill in the rest..
Cool, England are 4th, but I suppose we are still crap TendulkarMark2?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia defeated Pakistan in Sharjah, the conditions were NOT similar to the Aussies
Sharjah has very good conditions for batsmen and a flat wicket. Why do you think so much ODI cricket is played there?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorry but if no one has won there for ages and even the 2nd best team in the world loose then I don't think you can claim we are a disgrace. Also England have showed some fight, just look at Key, Harmison, Vaughan...and strangely even Dawson. They have all shown some fight. If you've got nothing better to say than England are rubbish without any real basis for an arguement other than some sort of general problem with the England Cricket Team as a whole then just leave it.

[Edited on 6/12/2002 by Rik]