11 45.83%
  • Have Them play a game each

3 12.50%
  • Keep It The Same

7 29.17%
  • Something Different explain ...

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we run test series with minnows differently ?

Should we run test series with minnows differently ?

Does anyone else think it would be a good Idea to have the fringe Test Teams to come to Aus, India etc. together and play one test each in a 3 test tour i.e Bangladesh, Kenya, and Zimbabwe all play one game each.

Or the minnows play a comp against each other to earn the right to play the established team ?

thoughts guys?
    Last edited by readie; 08-04-2007 at 02:43 AM.

UH, they already are playing in the intercontinental cup(2nd trier test), well as for bangladesh and zimbabwe they would get tour with test anyways.

Zimbabwe shouldn't be playing test cricket, quite clearly. I'm not sold on Bangladesh doing so either really, but it makes more sense than them playing Scotland, Holland and Zimbabwe and they are improving so it seems like the best option.

Other than that, I wouldn't change the way the "minnows" were handled in test cricket. They should be treated as any other test-playing nation really.

As for your second idea - we already have the Intercontinental Cup for that...
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

the icc seems to have got it right this time with the world cricket league and interncontinental cup so i wouldn't change it

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    UH, they already are playing in the intercontinental cup(2nd trier test), well as for bangladesh and zimbabwe they would get tour with test anyways.
    I know they already have games but i'm discussing ways to make a test series with these teams ,more competitive or interesting for the fans who are sick of seeing Aus etc. smash underprepared minnows.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Bangladesh would slaughter the Intercontinental Cup sides if they played "Tests" against each other. I don't like the fact that Zimbabwe are still playing Test cricket, not that they're playing it much. Still I don't see the point in treating teams differently, double standards aren't needed in cricket IMO. The Intercontinental Cup has been established for a couple of years now and is proving a good breeding ground for the associate nations.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

The more often Bangladesh and others play the top teams, the better they will get. Simple.
    Proudly supporting pink bat grips

The best FC player in the dev league

189 on debut

In the Intercontental cup does the winner get the right to play in a planned upcoming test series. e.g a test series is planned for the 2008/2009 summer and the winner of the cup becomes the opponent to the established team ?

School Boy/Girl Captain leepayne's Avatar
    If you ask me the associates shouldn't be blocked out from playing five day cricket at their level in the first place. No wonder they get such a culture shock when they finally achieve full status!

Quote Originally Posted by chopper6 View Post
    In the Intercontental cup does the winner get the right to play in a planned upcoming test series. e.g a test series is planned for the 2008/2009 summer and the winner of the cup becomes the opponent to the established team ?
    no, it just shows the icc how much a teams improving and giving them some experience with 1st class cricket. When a teams keeps winning the intercontinental cup and clearly are dominating it like bangladesh would if they played it now then they get test status(off course, it including that the nation meets the criteria such as cricket being a major sport etc)

I know they already have games but i'm discussing ways to make a test series with these teams ,more competitive or interesting for the fans who are sick of seeing Aus etc. smash underprepared minnows.
    aussies doesn't play against the minnows, the only one your talking about is bangladesh if you count them as minnows but they wouldn't benefit from anything else

Well Zimbabwe shouldn't be playing anyform of cricket and shouldn't have any status in the ICC.

Well even though it won't happen.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Well Zimbabwe shouldn't be playing anyform of cricket and shouldn't have any status in the ICC.

Well even though it won't happen.
    you can't take it out on the players for things the government is doing.
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 08-04-2007 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E View Post
    aussies doesn't play against the minnows, the only one your talking about is bangladesh if you count them as minnows but they wouldn't benefit from anything else
    Thats what I'm proposing - doesn't have to be aus but I think teams such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya should play in a series between themselves prior to the test series to decide who plays the actual tests in the . this would avoid teams like Zimbabwe having test status undeservedly.

e.g the three teams play their series and the winner plays in the next series planned. similar to a promotion system... kinda

Thats what I'm proposing - doesn't have to be aus but I think teams such as Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya should play in a series between themselves prior to the test series to decide who plays the actual tests in the . this would avoid teams like Zimbabwe having test status undeservedly.

e.g the three teams play their series and the winner plays in the next series planned. similar to a promotion system... kinda
    so a qualification series before every test series? it wouldn't help either of the teams. If you keep getting test status given to you and then taken away. How does that help?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information