• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

inside look into expanding

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
they havenow...but ok then may be not bangladesh but pakistan...but pakistan was part of india and they played as india...so why don't the play as india as whole? in cricket terms they played togather before politicals stuff came in...
Ask them that.

IF they wanted to, they would. But they don't need to. They can produce 2 (and probably in time 3) international class sides as it is.

The same cannot be said of The British Isles. Nor West Indies, for that matter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nice to hear cricket is ‘progressing’ in Uganda. They have according to a friend of mine a couple of quite talented cricketers. Cricket should have really taken off more considering the input of the British and more significantly the Asian community in East Africa but General Dada put such notions to bed. Alongside Pan-Africanism ideas which dictates the forming of an African culture (not one inherited by their imperial masters or played by Arab/Muslim 'invaders'), coupled with civil unrest and involvement in African genocide, cricket was hardly in a situation to prosper. However, it is encouraging to hear that 17,000 children are playing some form of cricket.

As Martin Williamson suggests Africa is where the ICC should be concerned with (due to it‘s cricketing heritage), not pipe dreams in China, where the ICC are only interested in the Chinese Yuan not the development of cricket.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Ask them that.

IF they wanted to, they would. But they don't need to. They can produce 2 (and probably in time 3) international class sides as it is.

The same cannot be said of The British Isles. Nor West Indies, for that matter.
Exactly if all the irish wanted to they would but all doesn't want to and if some good enough players stay then they have a future.
you know how you said probably 3? yeah i don't think you would have said that in like 98...the british isles can probably produce two (ireland and england) i dont know about scotland though... WI cant produce separate ones because the game there is trouble and the wc was suppose to help them, (didn't happen) but the british isles have a hope to produce one more....

Aritro

International Regular
Nice to hear cricket is ‘progressing’ in Uganda. They have according to a friend of mine a couple of quite talented cricketers. Cricket should have really taken off more considering the input of the British and more significantly the Asian community in East Africa but General Dada put such notions to bed. Alongside Pan-Africanism ideas which dictates the forming of an African culture (not one inherited by their imperial masters or played by Arab/Muslim 'invaders'), coupled with civil unrest and involvement in African genocide, cricket was hardly in a situation to prosper. However, it is encouraging to hear that 17,000 children are playing some form of cricket.

As Martin Williamson suggests Africa is where the ICC should be concerned with (due to it‘s cricketing heritage), not pipe dreams in China, where the ICC are only interested in the Chinese Yuan not the development of cricket.
17,000 is a pretty good return. The ICC would do well to pinpoint 3 or 4 countries with an existing cricketing culture and delegate the bulk of the funding available to Associate nations to these countries.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i don't think they should cut off the others fund but they should 1st put more fund( like they are with china, and it could a exception because cricket would benefit a lot) to the ones that already have cricketing culture...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Exactly if all the irish wanted to they would but all doesn't want to and if some good enough players stay then they have a future.
you know how you said probably 3? yeah i don't think you would have said that in like 98...the british isles can probably produce two (ireland and england) i dont know about scotland though... WI cant produce separate ones because the game there is trouble and the wc was suppose to help them, (didn't happen) but the british isles have a hope to produce one more....
WTF are you on about? The British Isles can produce ONE international-class cricket team and always have been able to. The World Cup was in no way supposed to help Barbados and T&T produce separate teams, either.

Ireland ARE NEVER GOING TO PRODUCE AN INTERNATIONAL-CLASS TEAM!!!!!!!!! I don't know how many times I have to say it, but an American like you simply has no clue of the situation. Good Irish players do and always have played in and for England.

LA ICE-E

State Captain

I think the chinese looks kind of funny playing cricket but they are just starting so i guess its ok. Well i never saw a chinese play so these are rare pictures.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I think the chinese looks kind of funny playing cricket but they are just starting so i guess its ok. Well i never saw a chinese play so these are rare pictures.
Where'd you get those pictures from? Looks like they came from a paper, was there an article as well? It'd be an interesting read :)

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not one player born in modern day Bangladesh has played for India or Pakistan, even before their independence. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions...
That was only because Bengalis were not that much interested in cricket. They were more into football and most of the top footballers of greater India used to come from that region. Even the first Grand Matser of South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, etc) came from Bangladesh. India's top male tennis player Leander Paes also have Bengali roots. So it's not that Bengalis were behind in sports (physical or mental type). The main thing was having an interest in the sports. Now people are interested in cricket after Bangladesh got test status so now they would produce test quality players.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
I thinkwe should take test status back from Bangladesh & Zimbabwe and give it to sides like Kenya who are more deserving of that than these two.
Are you really serious? yeah, it's arguable that bangladesh got their test status prematurely but taking it back now when they are showing signs that they are becoming a test quality nation a bit by bit. If you say Kenya's deserving than Bangladesh definitely deserving too. But I can't say the same about current Zimbabwe though but they aren't playing test cricket now anyway.

Last edited: