Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sri/Pak/Ban triangular Academy Tournament in Bangladesh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Sri/Pak/Ban triangular Academy Tournament in Bangladesh

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have already named their academy squad for the tournament.

Here are two reports

Sri Lanka Declares Academy Team For Tri-Tournament
    The Sri Lanka Cricket Board has named a 15 member Sri Lanka Cricket Academy team for the upcoming triangular cricket tournament featuring academy teams from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan to be played in Bangladesh.

The academy team will also play 2 four day matches with their Bangladeshi counterparts in the month long tour. Ian Daniel, who was included in the Sri Lanka test squad for Zimbabwe tour in 2004 but has not yet made his debut will lead the academy side.

Sri Lanka paceman Nuwan Zoysa who is battling with his fitness problem is also named for the tour. Read full report
    Pakistan Name Academy Team For Bangladesh Tour
    The Pakistan Cricket Board has named the 15 member Pakistan Academy team for their upcoming tour of Bangladesh in April 2007. They also named a 4 member reserve list for the same tour.

Karachi all-rounder Fawad Alam will lead the PCB Academy team which mostly features Pakistan U-19 players with first class experiences.

PCB appointed Hassan Jamil as the Manager and U-19 coach Aaqib Javed will act as the coach of the academy team.
    Read full report
    It will a pretty entertaining tournament. Both Pakistan and Sri Lanka team have couple of big names and some very promising young players.

Bangladesh will most probably retain the same academy squad that played against Scotland.
    I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose .

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Matthews and Daniel will be the two batsman to watch for Sri Lanka I would say, hoping Nuwan Zoysa can bring himself up to the highest level and I suppose this would be a start.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Banned
    Yeah Matthews and Daniels were two very talented U19's IIRC.

U19 Debutant
    Could one of our resident Bangladesh enthusiasts please give me a run down on who the best U19 Bangladeshis are?

I know Junaied has a reputation a mile long, and Shuvo's first class stats are impressive. Really I'm wanting to know if any of these young blokes have as much natural talent as the likes of Sakib, Mushfiq, Tamim and Mehrab.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritro View Post
    Could one of our resident Bangladesh enthusiasts please give me a run down on who the best U19 Bangladeshis are?

I know Junaied has a reputation a mile long, and Shuvo's first class stats are impressive. Really I'm wanting to know if any of these young blokes have as much natural talent as the likes of Sakib, Mushfiq, Tamim and Mehrab.
    It's difficult since there hasn't been any Under 19 fixtures since last year's World Cup, but I can offer a few names. Tamim Iqbal will still be eligible, but could be playing for the full side.

Junaid Siddique (aggressive opener - not sure he'll be eligible for next year though)
    Marshall Ayub (aggressive middle ordere batsman with a growing reputation, bowls a bit of legspin)
    Suhrawadi Shuvo (left-arm spinner, can make useful runs from the middle order)
    Dollar Mahmud (left-arm seamer, did well in NCL this year)

All four of those are fairly talented, perhaps not as much as the names above though.

There will be a few others who have played domestic cricket, but Cricinfo/Cricket Archive don't carry the date of births.

U19 Debutant
    Yep those are the 4 names I had in mind myself. I've only really seen Junaid play out of that lot and I liked what I saw.

None of those lads who have since gone on to make the national team really set the Dhaka League/National league on fire before the last U/19s World Cup. Maybe we won't get a proper picture until the next one comes around.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Interesting squad there basically a Sri Lankan 3rd XI
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

U19 12th Man
    PCB Academy team reached Dhaka yesterday. They will be playing two four day matches with BCB Academy.

SL Academy will come to Bangladesh on the 20th April. The one-day tri-series between three academy teams will take place afterwards. The tri-series will include a single round league and a final. After that SL Academy will also play two four day matches with BCB Academy.

- Cricinfo

Anwar Ali definately the one to watch from Pakistan.

A good performance here would virtually seal Fawwad Alam's spot in the Pak ODI team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    A good performance here would virtually seal Fawwad Alam's spot in the Pak ODI team.
    Don't be so hopeful about his inclusion in the Pakistan ODI team as U need "Sifarish"(unfair means) rather than talent to represent Pakistan at the international level,otherwise players Like Naved-Ul-Hasan,Mohammad Sami,Kamran Akmal,Danish Kaneria,Mohammad Hafeez,Abdul Razzaq(from tests only) &Younis Khan(from ODIs only) would've been dropped from the team long ago to include guys who've showing good performance in First Class Cricket for sometime like Najaf Shah,Mohammad Irshad,Khalid Latif,Tahir Khan,Abdur Rehman & Sarfaraz Ahmed/Khalid Mahmood into the team.

School Boy/Girl Captain tigerPassion's Avatar
    End of day -1 ( First 4-day match; Venue- SBNS; Toss- BCB Aca)

BCB Academy Vs PAK Academy
    BCB Academy 223/10 Over -81.2 ; ( Nadif 55, Jahurul 52, Raqibul 28 ; Nazaf 4/33, Rouf 2/29, Sohel 2/41, Atif 2/67)
    PAK Academy 13/1 Over -6 ; ( Khalid 4*, Zhoaib 5*; Zia 1/4 )
    Win Or Lose - We are with BANGLADESH cricket team!!!

We are yet to see the best of players like Sakib. Just wait another 5 years!!!

U19 12th Man
    Day 1 report from TigerCricket -

BD Academy dismissed for 223

Pakistan Academy started their tour of Bangladesh with an impressive style by dismissing the home side’s first innings for 223 in the first four-day match, starting at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium today (Monday). At the end of first day’s play the touring side were 13/1.

Bangladesh Academy skipper Mehrab Hossain won the toss and elected to bat first. Then he gave a solid platform along with Jahurul Islam in the 53 runs opening stand. There were only two other significant partnerships in the Bangladesh Academy innings. Jahurul and Rakibul Hasan (28) added 63 runs for the fourth wicket while Nadif Chowdhury and Mahmudullah Riad (15) shared another 48 runs partnership for the sixth wicket.

Jahurul took the advantage of Pakistan Academy’s poor fielding effort as he was dropped thrice for his 52. Nadif’s half-century was far more convincing though. He whacked nine glorious boundaries for his 81 balls 55.

Bangladesh Academy lost their last five wickets for only 17 runs and finally dismissed for 223. For the touring side left arm seamer Najaf Shah grabbed four wickets while pacer Abdul Rauf, Sohail Tanveer and off-spinner Atif Maqbool scalped two wickets each.

Towards the end of day’s play Pakistan Academy batted for six overs and scored 13/1. Opener Afaq Rahim was caught behind at the slip cordon off Ziaur Rahman.

Good to see Mehrab Hossain Jr getting in some captaincy experience, seem's a good talent to me.

Mehrab jr is in the mold Javed Omar type player with technique, he isn'r right or isn't ready for one day cricket. Nadif(while I haven't watched him play) is in the Ashraful/Aftab or Tamim mold. He's a really big hitter and he's definently going to be in the Bangladeshi XI in the 20/20 Event in South Africa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information