• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabweans barred from playing in england

Chubb

International Regular
Absolutely disgusting. It would be extremely helpful for the guys to come and play league cricket in England and time in the country has been a crucial part of successful Zimbabwean careers for ages. Recently it also gave them the opportunity to earn Sterling wages which go a long way in Zim. It's just typical of the evil scumbags who have destroyed the best country in Africa to do this. It's totally to do with keeping them in the country so they can't "defect" like so many have done.

Craig

World Traveller
Absolutely disgusting. It would be extremely helpful for the guys to come and play league cricket in England and time in the country has been a crucial part of successful Zimbabwean careers for ages. Recently it also gave them the opportunity to earn Sterling wages which go a long way in Zim. It's just typical of the evil scumbags who have destroyed the best country in Africa to do this. It's totally to do with keeping them in the country so they can't "defect" like so many have done.
Why hasn't the ICC ripped up their membership?

Chubb

International Regular
Why hasn't the ICC ripped up their membership?
Because they are a bunch of greedy, morally bankrupt imbeciles. I mean what my sig says- I will never forgive them for what they have done, or rather haven't done. They are an absolutely worthless pack of spineless, incompetent scum.

Chubb

International Regular
Of course not. Craig quoted me in his post, hence I replied to his question but you are right; $$ are all to do with it. It would cost the ICC a lot of money to get rid of Zim. And being an organistation that only cares about money, they'll never do it. Even if it means legitimising a despotic dictatorship.

brockley

International Captain
Now the zimbo players won't get paid for the world cup till june,looks like the zcu will get majority from the world cup,lets just hope ireland gets a nice retainer for making the 8's.
Its rumoured most the money has already been spent by the zcu lkets hope in fact the players get their money this time.

Craig

World Traveller
Depending on the money that is owed by the ZCU (if anybody knows?), and depending on what it is in England, and if the difference isn't great, couldn't they say 'ok, screw it' and cut their losses and go to England anyway? And if they count as a Kolpak, then perhaps there could be an opening if any county is interested and they have form to their name?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, can't see too many counties being terribly keen on Piet Rinke and Anthony Ireland myself...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, can't see too many counties being terribly keen on Piet Rinke and Anthony Ireland myself...
Ireland is not that bad. In the right conditions, he can bowl massive inswingers and a fairly decent pace with reasonably accuracy. He's perfectly useless if the ball isn't swinging, but I've seen bowlers of this ilk play for England so there are bound to be some worse ones going around in county cricket. :p

Rinke is rubbish though, yes.

brockley

International Captain
They don't have to play for a county,maybe lashings or in some other league.
Brendon taylor would be zimbabwe's best player opens,bats middle order,wicket keeps bowls off spin,sean williams bats middle order bowl s left arm spin,worthy of kolpak agreements.
I gather county eyes and agents are at the world cup looking at the next big things and whether they can sign them up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ireland is not that bad. In the right conditions, he can bowl massive inswingers and a fairly decent pace with reasonably accuracy. He's perfectly useless if the ball isn't swinging, but I've seen bowlers of this ilk play for England so there are bound to be some worse ones going around in county cricket. :p
Hmm...

There may be worse bowlers going around but to import someone who's slightly better would IMO be taking 1 step forwards and 3 back.