Thread: Roaring tigers of indian cricket team

Cricket Spectator

Roaring tigers of indian cricket team

The Indian cricket tigers are ready for battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PATnJkYo_aQ

Cricket Spectator
    MOre like pussy cats........

I'm as patriotic as they come but these guys simply don't deserve the support and adulation they get from the INdian public.

THey're not held accountable for their performances hence there is no real "fire in the belly" to excel - something cricketers from other countries have.

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMurugan View Post
    MOre like pussy cats........

I'm as patriotic as they come but these guys simply don't deserve the support and adulation they get from the INdian public.

THey're not held accountable for their performances hence there is no real "fire in the belly" to excel - something cricketers from other countries have.
    Why don't we give them less adulation when we win then? We shower them with the greatest compliments when they are doing well, much higher than any other nation lauds their players when they win. It's so evident that we're not the most consistent team. It's something every Indian fan should realize and thus accept loses as they are supposed to be, rather than over-react. Our performances in the last 12 months haven't been anything special. Sure we're probably going to be knocked out of the tournament earlier than we would have liked and deserved, but there is no way we can say that based on our performances over recent times, we were favorites. I'm not being sadistic here, but it's the truth: we Indian fans over-react, whether it's winning or losing.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep View Post
    Why don't we give them less adulation when we win then? We shower them with the greatest compliments when they are doing well, much higher than any other nation lauds their players when they win. It's so evident that we're not the most consistent team. It's something every Indian fan should realize and thus accept loses as they are supposed to be, rather than over-react. Our performances in the last 12 months haven't been anything special. Sure we're probably going to be knocked out of the tournament earlier than we would have liked and deserved, but there is no way we can say that based on our performances over recent times, we were favorites. I'm not being sadistic here, but it's the truth: we Indian fans over-react, whether it's winning or losing.

Well I never said anything about winning or losing per se. As things currently stand in INdian cricket, you cannot expect the team to perform consistently - so [I] think we need to maintain a realistic view about our team chances in any series/tournament.

Unless there is a seachange in attitudes, INdia will not be able to perform consistently well as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMurugan View Post
    Well I never said anything about winning or losing per se. As things currently stand in INdian cricket, you cannot expect the team to perform consistently - so [I] think we need to maintain a realistic view about our team chances in any series/tournament.

Unless there is a seachange in attitudes, INdia will not be able to perform consistently well as a team.
    My comment was pertinent to your statement that our players don't deserve the adulation given to them by the public. My point was, why do we give it to them in the first place, when it is evident we're not as consistent as a world-beating team should be. Whenever we win, the public DOES behave as if we are.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep View Post
    My comment was pertinent to your statement that our players don't deserve the adulation given to them by the public. My point was, why do we give it to them in the first place, when it is evident we're not as consistent as a world-beating team should be. Whenever we win, the public DOES behave as if we are.

I honestly can't pinpoint one particular reason for that.....one thing though is that in our society "star culture" is a lot more pronounced than it is in a Western country...people like Tendulkar and Salman Khan are made out to be demi-gods and can get away with just about anything. It's something that's ingrained in Indian culture and hence it's no surprise that Indian cricket is also privy to it.

Thread Information