• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Bowling Team among the test playing nations

Nishant

International 12th Man
isnt it obvious that bangladesh have the worst bowling attack of all the test playing nations? But, i guess most of u are not considering them in this argument....so in that case,

Pakistan are generally good....but if asif and shoaib are gone for more than just the world cup...its a differnt story.

i think england have huge problems with their attack...its inconsistnet and does have potential but never really expresses it ( a bit like suresh raina of india in terms of batting)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does anyone even understand what we're talking about?

Are we discussing who has the worst Test attack or who has the worst ODI attack of the Test-playing teams (and I think most people would have the sense to read that as "the Test-playing teams minus Bangladesh)?

Given the amount of "without Warney" (who played his last ODI over 4 years ago) talk being mixed-in with "Symonds" (who's taken 11 Test wickets) I'd say some people are a bit confused!

Swervy

International Captain
We are talking about tests here arent we!!!

its pointless going on about Australia without Warne and McGrath in tests just yet, because we dont actually know how good/bad the Aussie bowling attack will be without either of them playing.

My feeling is though that Australia will still be quite useful on the bowling side of things...although finding a spinner even half as good as Warne has to be a priority.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"Finding" one?

He's either there or he isn't - you can't magic a spinner out of thin-air.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
This is how I'd rank each test bowling attack

1.South Africa - Pollock,Ntini,Steyn,Nel,Kallis
2.Australia - Lee,Clark,Johnson/Tait,Watson,MacGill
3.England - Hoggard,Jones,Flintoff,Panesar
4.Pakistan - Asif,Shoaib,Gul,Kaneria
5.Sri Lanka - Vaas,Malinga,Maharoof,Murali
6.India - Munaf,Zaheer,Sreesanth,Harbhajan/Kumble
7.New Zealand - Bond,Martin,Franklin,Oram,Vettori
8.West Indies - Taylor,Edwards,Collymore,Bravo,Mohammed
9.Bangladesh - Mortaza,Shahadat,Rafique,Razzak

:lol: @ England above Pakistan & Sri Lanka.Dude,your ranking is really biased.

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

The people suggesting NZ as one of the worst bowling attacks always mention NZ without bond, yet in this list NZ are seventh... with bond. Is that a little strange? Or am i just blindly patriotic?

pup11

International Coach
One can't rate the new Aussie test-bowling attack yet because they haven't played a single test match.

luffy

International Captain
I don't rate the West Indies bowling attack, they just don't have the big names bowlers as there batters(if that made sense).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One can't rate the new Aussie test-bowling attack yet because they haven't played a single test match.
Well I'd say Stuart Clark is pretty well certain to be in said line-up and he's played more than a single Test...

And I'm rather hoping Jason Gillespie and Stuart MacGill might be, too, and they've played more than a few...