• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Oram consider amputation or Gilchrist miss the birth of his kid for test Series

Nishant

International 12th Man
Although I love test ccricket more than any other version, but i also believe that the World Cup is the grand daddy of all cricketing events.

Many people here said that they would give up the World cup for a decent series win but i think when things like these comes from the horse's mouth itself we shoul realise that eventually World Cup is the only real recognition avaiable in the Cricketing world and it is the ultimate glory.
i agree with that! :)

Nishant

International 12th Man
England sees all Tests as Ashes training. .
Thats so true! England always seem to care about the ashes and nothing else. Throughout the last summer when england played sri lanka and Pakistan....all i heard was how these series will help to prepare for the ashes. Once the ashes were lost, they're alreday talking abt the 2009 ashes series...its as if all the other teams like india, Sl, pakistan, SA....etc, etc....dont actually matter to them!

Nishant

International 12th Man
The WC is definitely the biggest tournament in cricket...but i remember a point that came across to me a long time ago by somebody...dont remember who;

If u beat a team (eg the aussies) over a period of 30 days, it is a much better honour than beating them in one day...as winning over 30 days shows u have more class, and winning a one day game could be flucky!

I agree with that, but not entirely...because whn u play a team for a huge period, u are playing that same team and have the opportunity to figure out their strengths and weaknesses against your players. But, in the WC, u are playing diffrent teams and so have to use different tactics in every game...surely, that requires a far greater skill!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Anyway, back on topic........

I think Oram showed either; a) Great courage and national pride, or b) Immense stupidy, and something that he'll regret later on in life.

shankar

International Debutant

I think Oram showed either; a) Great courage and national pride, or b) Immense stupidy, and something that he'll regret later on in life.
I think it's both. At times there's only a thin line seperating the two.

Nishant

International 12th Man

i was on topic....im saying that oram did a good thing as it does mean that he belives that the WC deserves a lot more respect!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thats so true! England always seem to care about the ashes and nothing else. Throughout the last summer when england played sri lanka and Pakistan....all i heard was how these series will help to prepare for the ashes. Once the ashes were lost, they're alreday talking abt the 2009 ashes series...its as if all the other teams like india, Sl, pakistan, SA....etc, etc....dont actually matter to them!
That's not true of the majority of fans and I've said as much.

The Ashes may be the most anticipated series, and more so than ever so long as Australia are perceived as the team to beat, but it's certainly not the only series that matters.

I mean, IMO we could've won in Australia and it'd still be a struggle to credit us as World Number One given that we couldn't even beat Sri Lanka at home.