• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Non-Spamming Thread on the announcement of the greatest Aussie ODI team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slater's first chance average is much worse than Hayden's...
Well I've only seen one or two innings where he got let-offs and gone on to score lots...
Slater's average is inflated against Sri Lanka he bullied them in Perth for his double hundred back when they were what Bangladesh are now.
SL were never what Bangladesh have been - they might have been what West Indies are currently at absolute worst.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I've only seen one or two innings where he got let-offs and gone on to score lots...

SL were never what Bangladesh have been - they might have been what West Indies are currently at absolute worst.
You need to watch more of Slater's innings then. I can barely remember one when he didn't give a chance. There was always a saying, "If you drop Slater before he hits 30, you'll get another chance to drop him at 90."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I can recall several innings against us where he rarely looked like getting out before scoring a century (and usually he managed not to, preferring to fall in the 90s...).

Mister Wright

Well I can recall several innings against us where he rarely looked like getting out before scoring a century (and usually he managed not to, preferring to fall in the 90s...).
End if you only watched Bradman play against England you would think he only have an average in the low 80s.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, I can't, certainly not.

I've honestly not read up on Slater a hell of a lot.

But it would seem a trifle bizarre if he got dropped loads by everyone bar 1 country. Especially if that country was us! :confused:

Mister Wright

Oh, I can't, certainly not.

I've honestly not read up on Slater a hell of a lot.

But it would seem a trifle bizarre if he got dropped loads by everyone bar 1 country. Especially if that country was us! :confused:
I wasn't the one saying he didn't get dropped against England, you were...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I was saying I only recall 1 or 2 occasions at best where we dropped him before he scored a big innings.

Maybe there are others that I don't recall, but I certainly recall him making more than a few chanceless biggies against us.

Mister Wright

Well I was saying I only recall 1 or 2 occasions at best where we dropped him before he scored a big innings.

Maybe there are others that I don't recall, but I certainly recall him making more than a few chanceless biggies against us.
As has Hayden.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I think Slater's record against England was far more impressive than his record against just about everyone else - not that he was bad against the others, but he had a special liking for you guys...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well he scored centuries against us where he scored 90s against others but the only team he genuinely failed to perform against was WI.