• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good a captain is Hussey?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
"I got some pretty funny text messages from him after every one of the games - 'how are you ... are you on the next flight over?' and 'you can have your job back, I don't want it any more'."

Ricky Ponting jokes about the text messages he had been receiving from his stand-in captain, Mike Hussey, during the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy

Slow Love™

International Captain
:) Inevitable, really.

Welcome to the "George W. Bush or Chimpanzee" webpage. This is a little project I decided to start once I realized how much George W. Bush looks like a chimpanzee. I'm not a member of any political party, and I have nothing in particular against the man. I just think he kind of looks like a chimpanzee.

pup11

International Coach
The last 3 games hussey captained aussies in proved to me that he is not captaincy material, i think one should enjoy captaincy but hussey didn't look like doing that at all, IMO he just looked like a man who has been forced to captain the side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, can't tell if Richard is being sarcastic or not here. :)

If not, I wasn't talking about his wicket or batting celebrations, at all. Quite the opposite.
I was being quasi-serious, TBH.

I do feel Hussey is a bit too intense of times, and it's a bit ironic that as captain lack of intensity has cost him in your eyes.