• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Sehwag Has Tasted More Success In Tests

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I don't buy this 'train for the WC' BS. Same thing about tests. 'Train someone for the next Ashes.'

You play whoever that gives you the best chance to win. Period. I don't care what it is. At the international level, you play the game to win.
As I half-say above - I certainly and categorically agree about it being bull**** in Tests, it exasperates me impossibly that half the country seem concerned only with one out of seven series.

In ODIs, though - and this depends entirely on perspective, as I've emphasised several times - my perspective is that you play to win the World Cup (and hopefully soon the Champions Trophy as well). All the other games - I don't give a damn about the results of 'em. I do, however, give a damn if rubbish players are picked for them when there are better alternatives sitting-out. Which is what's been happening with England for about the last 6 years.