• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Asif the best young pacer now?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why are trying to put someone down who looks like a genuinely good prospect in the same bracket as Mahmood or Tremlett.
Mahmood and Tremlett "looked like good prospects" once, too.

Indeed, plenty I'm sure would argue still do.
Oh yeah and Broad had the lowest economy in Twenty20 last season which in a game full of boundaries must mean he is a clever one day bowler with good varation.
I don't take any real note of Twenty20 TBH. I like one-day cricket, not one-evening cricket. And Twenty20 doesn't matter to one-dayers.
You seem very harsh on him and I'd want him to be in Australia as he seems like a genuinly good prospect.He bowled well in the series against pakistan IMO and has been getting rave reviews meaning that he probably won't turn out like a Plunkett or Mahmood.
I'll say it again - Plunkett and Mahmood were getting rave-reviews of a time, too.

He certainly did not bowl well, at all, in the Pakistan series. He was outbowled by Michael Yardy and Jamie Dalrymple for Heaven's sake.
And what reason do you have to say he's not accurate.Any evidence of that so you don't just put statements down and not back them up.
His economy-rates? They tend to suggest he's not very accurate.