• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is mitchell johnson once in generation fast bowler?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah but he still wasn't bowling floaty half volley's that were going to spanked out the ground.He mixed his pace up well and some of his off breaks turned a mile to Nixon.
Exactly, he wasn't bowling the worst spell in The World.

If you really think, though, that he'd have got remotely good figures (or ever would) were he bowling at decent, set batsmen who didn't have an impossible task on-hand, you're pretty delusional IMO.

Bowling seam-up at 70mph, regardless of how accurate (and let's face it, McMillan is hardly an exceller in that area) you are and how much variation you use, will not cause many problems.

Bowling well-bowled off-cutters on that sort of pitch, of course, is a different matter.

I might also add I've seen McMillan bowl a good deal quicker than 70mph, too. I've certainly seen him hit 80 of times, like when he's bowling 6 Bouncers an over.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Against batsmen of form and confidence they would look to hit McMillan over the top but he bowls wicket to wicket and can be hard to get away.
Also you stated that 70mph bowlers would go for plenty and are useless.What about spinners who don't turn the ball and bowl 60mph+.Would they be useless as they bowl at below 70mph?.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Against batsmen of form and confidence they would look to hit McMillan over the top but he bowls wicket to wicket and can be hard to get away.
McMillan does not bowl wicket-to-wicket - he's not very accurate and he bowls from wide anyhow. He's rarely hard to get away. He sometimes picks-up the odd wicket but almost always goes for a few.
Also you stated that 70mph bowlers would go for plenty and are useless.What about spinners who don't turn the ball and bowl 60mph+.Would they be useless as they bowl at below 70mph?.
I clearly meant seamers. Of course, if you impart sidespin it's a totally different story - especially on a responsive pitch.