• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC World Cricket League

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This tournament would merely prepare the associates for the World Cup. For them to perform well, they have to play such series against each other, and agaisnt top 10 teams on regular basis. Anyways, do appreciate ICC's effort to finally bring out the teams together.

I am counting on Ireland to win and 2nd place could go to anyone of Kenya, Canada, and Holland.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
they are not going to show the world cup? what i was going to get them on the stream box or whatever it was for the world cup. than what the cheapest way to watch the matches? what chanel or how anyone from north america going to watch it? cause dont want to get the pay per view as its too expensive

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
they are not going to show the world cup? what i was going to get them on the stream box or whatever it was for the world cup. than what the cheapest way to watch the matches? what chanel or how anyone from north america going to watch it? cause dont want to get the pay per view as its too expensive
Well yeah Rogers wants to get full money from its customers, because they know crazy cricket fans here in Canada will pay for the matches. We should consider ourselves quite lucky that we even get all the series except the World Cup for such a cheap price.

But, anyhow, usually what happens during WCs is that the illegal satellites are usually blown out and therefore you have to buy at full price from one of the satellite providers the WC matches. You pay something around 200-250 for all the matches. But there is a trick to get the illegal satellites working too, but not quite sure about the details. I am not sure if Rogers is offering a one price package for all the matches. You'll have to pay individually which is like around $30, but $50 for India-Pakistan matches.

Note: The prices I listed above our approximate, based on the money I had to pay for the last WC.

Steulen

International Regular
In today's games:

Canada 126/4 off 32 overs, Bagai 45*, against the Netherlands

Ireland 136/3 off 30 overs, Bray 52*, against Scotland

Looks like two interesting contests developing.

Steulen

International Regular
After a dodgy scoreline looked to be developing for the Dutch (192/5 after 38 overs), Ten Doeschate mops up the tail to have Canada 201ao off 44 overs.

In the other match, opening batsman Bray gets a ton for Ireland, and they are 227/6 off 45, against Scotland.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
After a dodgy scoreline looked to be developing for the Dutch (192/5 after 38 overs), Ten Doeschate mops up the tail to have Canada 201ao off 44 overs.
More than a fair chance the Netherlands will chase that, they have a few more talented batsman than the Canadians currently have.

Steulen

International Regular
And now the scorecard's been revised to Canada 199ao, Bagai 74, Ten Doeschate 4/31, Stelling 3/41.

Ireland 280/7, Bray 116, Hoffmann 3/44, Haq 3/53

EDIT: They've settled for 200ao now :)

Last edited:

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Its good to see netherlands giving canada a good thumping. Always good to see a side of home grown talent beating a bunch of expats.

Steulen

International Regular
"Home grown talent" including Reekers (Kiwi), Stelling (Kiwi), Raja (Pakistan), Kervezee (Namibia) and a certain RTD (Saffie). Borren (Kiwi) didn't play today. But indeed, AFAIK the others are actually Dutch.

Currently easing to their target, 152/2 off 27, Zuiderent 55* and RTD 12*.

In the other match it looks like Ireland will take it home, Scotland 120/3 off 29.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Kervezee has learnt most of his cricket there though hasnt he? Theres no anderson cummins on the dutch side (heaven forbid). Makes me very angry! Canada are basically spitting in the iccs faces with that.

Steulen

International Regular
Kervezee has learnt most of his cricket there though hasnt he? Theres no anderson cummins on the dutch side (heaven forbid). Makes me very angry! Canada are basically spitting in the iccs faces with that.
Kervezee came to Holland at a very young age, yes...well, he's actually 17 now :)

Anderson Cummins, well, I agree Canada deserve everything they get today :)

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Plus raja has played for the dutch for a long time. I think if you paly inthe U17s you can be classed as home grown. Which cant be said for the majority of the canadians

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Looking at some of the dutch records im suprised zuiderent is rated so highly,. Before today averaged 15 in odis, which certainly included a good few games against other associates. Has he never been considered as a candidate for being dropped?
Fair play to him today though, a good score against a decent attack

Steulen

International Regular
Before the rise of van Bunge and recently RTD and Kervezee, Zuiderent was rated the best Dutch batsman by far. He was actually almost single-handedly responsible for the WC qualification, but has had a lean time since. Today's knock is a welcome return to form. He's also the only one who can anchor at the top of the order. Reekers, van Troost, RTD are all big hitters, and van Bunge and Kervezee are more at home in the middle order. So Zuiderent is still a vital player for the Dutch. Hopefully he can show his worth against the likes of Kenya and Ireland, and Australia and South Africa in the World Cup.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
There tis! won by 8 wkts. with zuiderent top scoring on 77*
Excellent performance, and judging by the other match it will be between the dutch kenya and ireland for the final two spots! Scotland look very much out of sorts so far on this tour

Steulen

International Regular
Well, the Dutch have won, and their batting plan worked like a charm: Zuiderent anchoring (77* off 103, Katich eat your heart out :) ), and big hitting from the others: Reekers 39 off 29, van Troost 38 off 43, and RTD 37* off 38. The end result: Canada beaten in 35 overs.

Let's see what they can do against Kenya tomorrow.