Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: TBC - Tape ball cricket

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52

    Icon6 TBC - Tape ball cricket

    Tape ball cricket is the rave in Barbados.It is not an entirely new form of cricket but it is the most popular and exciting game in Bim today.The rules are basically the same traditional ones.
    The most interesting characteristic of this game is the type of ball used.--- a firm tennis ball which is then covered in layers of insulation tape or what some people call electrician's tape. The more heavily taped it is ,the harder it becomes . A batsman can experience tremendous pain if struck by a fast bowler.
    Because it is lightweight, this taped ball can be delivered at breathtaking speeds.

  2. #2
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    Tape ball cricket is the rave in Barbados.It is not an entirely new form of cricket but it is the most popular and exciting game in Bim today.The rules are basically the same traditional ones.
    The most interesting characteristic of this game is the type of ball used.--- a firm tennis ball which is then covered in layers of insulation tape or what some people call electrician's tape. The more heavily taped it is ,the harder it becomes . A batsman can experience tremendous pain if struck by a fast bowler.
    Because it is lightweight, this taped ball can be delivered at breathtaking speeds.
    Imagine facing up to a guy bowling at 90 mph on turf and then facing up to that same guy deilvering at that same speed on asphalt in practice

  3. #3
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Not only does tape ball not bounce a lot, it also ruins your timing.

  4. #4
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Maybe im on a different planet but i have never played or watched a taped ball game where the ball did not bounce. Maybe you use the wrong type of ball or it is too heavily taped


  5. #5
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    Maybe im on a different planet but i have never played or watched a taped ball game where the ball did not bounce. Maybe you use the wrong type of ball or it is too heavily taped


    Remember that we are talking about a ball that is used in lawn tennis. I challenge anyone to tell me when and where they have ever watched a tennis game where the ball is not bouncing

  6. #6
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Well I mean when the ball is taped it becomes heavier so doesn't bounce as well as a lawn tennis ball. Anyways, it does, for sure, ruin your timing though. Play with a tape ball for 2 months, then try playing hard ball cricket, you'll see what I am talking about.

    Nonetheless, cricket is cricket, use whatever you can and it'll still be fun.

  7. #7
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    As for the tape ball spoiling your timing
    Just go back to the basics as we know them;- adjust , adjust .
    Adjustment of technique and shot selection. Thats all one needs to do, as in any other cricket game

  8. #8
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    As for the tape ball spoiling your timing
    Just go back to the basics as we know them;- adjust , adjust .
    Adjustment of technique and shot selection. Thats all one needs to do, as in any other cricket game
    Yeah true true, btw is there a big cricket culture in Barbados?

  9. #9
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    I agree my friend , for me any kind of cricket im playing i enjoy myself . Even if its marble cricket as we call it Barbados

  10. #10
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Very big.I believe thats one of the reasons that Barbados has always done so well traditionally whether its in the domestic season in the Caribbean or indeed against visiting touring teams as records will show

  11. #11
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    Very big.I believe thats one of the reasons that Barbados has always done so well traditionally whether its in the domestic season in the Caribbean or indeed against visiting touring teams as records will show
    I see, I see.

  12. #12
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    I agree my friend , for me any kind of cricket im playing i enjoy myself . Even if its marble cricket as we call it Barbados


    BTW;- marble cricket is a form of game where everything used is considerably reduced in size. Much smaller ball , smaller bat , smaller stumps, smaller playing field and a much smaller batsmen and bowlers because when you are either batting or bowling you have to be on your knees Only while fielding are you allowed to be your full height

  13. #13
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Btw I heard basketball is taking over cricket in a lot of the Caribbean countries.

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Dover 1 View Post
    BTW;- marble cricket is a form of game where everything used is considerably reduced in size. Much smaller ball , smaller bat , smaller stumps, smaller playing field and a much smaller batsmen and bowlers because when you are either batting or bowling you have to be on your knees Only while fielding are you allowed to be your full height
    O wow... then it must be bbw (belly before wicket) instead of lbw .

  15. #15
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer Dover 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    52
    Yeah thats true although i think that soccer poses more of a threat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Great Test Matches..
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
  2. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 12:35 AM
  3. China Embrace Cricket!
    By Blaze in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 18-04-2007, 08:46 AM
  4. Disgracefull treatment of a Cricket Legend
    By Golaxi in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
  5. Interview with a vampire.
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-08-2006, 01:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •