• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Protea Shocking, protea need change !!!

Radical Roo

Cricket Spectator
To the few South African supporters:

Was disheartened by the debactle in the first test between India and SA. Now with Steyn injured and other pace bowler treading water big changes are needed. I reckon the big Morne Morkel must come in so he and Ntini and perform the aggressor role with pace and big bounce. Although i like Nel's attitude and his recent improvement in pace, he is suited to One Day games as his aggressiveness is really useful in short intense play but in the longer run, his bowling drops off if he gets belted while he gets more aggressive and that in turn make his bowl even worse. A spinner must be in the side regardless of the pitch, not zat he's there to be a match winner every match but to provide variety and when pitch suits better the spinner can exploit more of the pitch and i really think the proteas should be concentrating on the development of Botha. His debut was quiet good and made immediate impact (knocking over Hussey) and is a handy lower order fighter. Drop Hibbs for Christ sake, Amla is here to take over his spot and is only 24. And for Smith, he's a future great leader but in bit of turmoil at the moment, he should bat lower down the order as the ball will be older so easier to play with, more tired bowlers and more runs on the board so he can have a bit more confidence. Number 6 will suit him as his aggresive batting can be a real bonus when he gets going, this is only for short term though, once he gets his form back he should immediately return to the opener spot. Rudolph should be the short term opener as proven he should be permanent but often overlooked. And protea fans be on the look out of Jean Symes in the next few year, i got a feeling that he will be something in a few years time cos he's only 19 at the moment. Hopefully South Africa can turn up with a similar performance like their one dayers.

Last edited: