Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Should cricket try to do a better job marketing?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should market cricket more like baseball.

2 10.53%
  • Yes,they should try to get more people around the world, apart from the former colonies, interested.

10 52.63%
  • They are doing ok...but marketing still needs improvement.

5 26.32%
  • No...they are doing well...people other than expats or from the former colonies wouldn't bother.

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marketing cricket.

Marketing cricket.

why don't they ever release cricket games for the americas....i'm sure there's quite a bit of people that would buy it even if not as much as other places...like madden is released everywhere even though A. Football its only played in usa n canada mainly.....that could even introduce some new people to the sport....cricket is not being marketed well in my opinion...cricket games,outfits,etc. should be marketed everywhere and should be done right...look at the NY yankees cap....everyones wearing it even people from countries that dont event play baseball...there should be more comercials to put hype into cricket events...cricket should do a better job marketing and try to reach more people than just the former colonies & expats instead try to put interest into new peoples minds that never hard of cricket before...cricket should be marketed better......

these kind videos would be a great comercial for the world cup even though its just made by some kid....it would get americans attention to atleast check it out and see what it is... even if not watch the whole thing...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=cricket+2007
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=cricket+2007

Why is everyone after improving the importance of Cricket in America...you talk like America is the promise land or something.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I am 100% sure that if America was to become one of the leading test playing nations, then it would bring nothing but good to the world cricket scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Why is everyone after improving the importance of Cricket in America...you talk like America is the promise land or something.
    its not just america but everyother place that doesnt know what cricket is

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Kriketer's Avatar
    True, America could bring lots of fortune to cricket, but the fact is cricket (especially Test cricket) can never overcome other sports in US. ICC should concentrate more on associate countries, and other countries like China, Japan other than wasting time on US.

even if test doesn't catch on in USA 20/20 will very well compete with the rest....but for now CHINA is the promise land

Cricket Spectator
    they should focus on china

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    They are doing alright, cricket is slowly becoming big in China and we all know what potential that country has. I've always wondered why the USA hasn't caught onto the idea of cricket like the other British colonies did, although it probably has something to do with the fact that the USA shunned the monarchy and British "control" whereas the other colonies stuck with it for quite a while.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

US wanted it be its own it didnt want to have british influence...that why it's always doing its own thing...its not a bad thing but is missing out on a good game...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    It certainly has but with the popularity of American Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey I don't think the people of the USA would be too willing to embrace another sport. it seems to me that either you're not a fan of sports, you're kinda into all of those sports or you are incredibly passionate about one of these sports. I would like to be able to buy cricket cards that go up in value the longer you have them, then you can trade them to get ones you don't have. Quite a good idea I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm
    It certainly has but with the popularity of American Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey I don't think the people of the USA would be too willing to embrace another sport. it seems to me that either you're not a fan of sports, you're kinda into all of those sports or you are incredibly passionate about one of these sports. I would like to be able to buy cricket cards that go up in value the longer you have them, then you can trade them to get ones you don't have. Quite a good idea I feel.
    im into cricket hundred percent just because i was in bangladesh for while after i was born and came back...im not passionate into any of the other sports although i play a.football and bball they are all good except baseball and hockey...but point is there's too many choices of sports in the usa so its going to be hard for cricket....

Basically for the people of US, Cricket is too long of a game. No American sport normally goes one for more than 3 hours. Reason Baseball is much more popular in the US, and Cricket isn't is because Baseball ends much quicker than Cricket. They just don't have patience to play an ODI that lasts 6-8 hours, or a test match that lasts 5 days. I can tell you this much that as far as I'm alive, Cricket in USA will never get test status, and even if they do by mistake, it will probably be the most diverse Cricketing nation with majority of the Cricketers born outside of US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Basically for the people of US, Cricket is too long of a game. No American sport normally goes one for more than 3 hours. Reason Baseball is much more popular in the US, and Cricket isn't is because Baseball ends much quicker than Cricket. They just don't have patience to play an ODI that lasts 6-8 hours, or a test match that lasts 5 days. I can tell you this much that as far as I'm alive, Cricket in USA will never get test status, and even if they do by mistake, it will probably be the most diverse Cricketing nation with majority of the Cricketers born outside of US.
    I don't think even if they do play test that their players will be born outside the US because there's enough expats that play cricket here and some influence their friends....but test is way too far stretched...may be ODI status....but you know how all sports thats popular in the US is only 3 hours or less well some smart guy came with the idea of 20/20!!!!it's only 3 hours so 20/20 might actually do cricket some good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LA ICE-E
    I don't think even if they do play test that their players will be born outside the US because there's enough expats that play cricket here and some influence their friends....but test is way too far stretched...may be ODI status....but you know how all sports thats popular in the US is only 3 hours or less well some smart guy came with the idea of 20/20!!!!it's only 3 hours so 20/20 might actually do cricket some good!!!
    Live in US my self, and I know majority of the players in the Atlantic division cricket team are born outside of US. I don't follow California region Cricket. Club Cricket also in NY, NJ is filled with players born outside of US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information