• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking the Batsmen

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
IMO if a player can't translate his FC career into Test Cricket it says a lot about the player. People say that guys like Grace and Rhodes for example where a lot better players then what their Test stats showed cus when they played Test cricket they where past their prime. But i'll ask you this isn't Hussey techicnally past his prime, due to his fitness level his probably in his prime.

Also Rhodes was at his best as batsmen when he played Test cricket, which IMO just shows that his bowling wasn't as effective in Test Cricket as it was in FC cricket. With Grace he wasn't as effective with the bowl as well, which tells me the same thing. But this is just my opinon and im sure many will disagree with me and just say it had more to do with the stage in their career they played Test Cricket.

For Richards i would always rate him high as he translated his FC career into his small Test career and World Series Cricket.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Mike Hussey is only 31 odd, he's at his prime now imo. I think that Rhodes was well over 40 when he played tests.