• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2006/07 Cricket Idol

Craig

World Traveller
No they won't sing thankfully or this is an elimation type game but I'm going to ask people to put and down and who do they think will be cricket's rising stars into full blown stars of the international game. We will try and and keep their age from 26 and under and have played international cricket before and have shown signs of potentiall and and are yet to grab it as such, or could be in the case of Ian Bell who has plundered oppositin attacks in England but is coming into this Ashes series ready to show his full talents. Michael Clarke for example can not be included since he is well established as an international cricketer. I was thinking along the lines of a Monty Panesar, Shane Watson, Aliastar Cook for example (or you could for some reason name Liam Plunkett), but they can be used.

This is running from really now to the end of the World Cup so you can name any player any is playing in any international series until then and including the World Cup. If my guidelines or there is misunderstanding don't heistate to ask :)

For me it is:

Monty Panesar
Shane Watson
Ian Bell
Aliaster Cook
Mitchell Johnson
Dan Cullen (mainly for ODIs)
James Anderson

At the end of this we can go back and rate them out of 10.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Shane Watson's been playing International cricket for more than four years. Is he still an up and comer, really?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Shane Watson's been playing International cricket for more than four years. Is he still an up and comer, really?
Not really established though, is he? He's been in and out of the ODI side and has only played 3 tests, and never two in the same series.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Peter Fulton
Ross Taylor
Jamie How
Jeetan Patel
Shahriar Nafees
Piyush Chawla

are all names that I don't think have been mentioned.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Mmmm...tough choice, i think Mitch Johnson is the best candidate, i've been very impressed with him from what i've seen.

I think Cook will eventualy become England's best batsmen(not of all time, of the side he plays in i mean).

Jerome Taylor looks great aswell, but i don't really know much about him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
adharcric said:
Chawla won't make the national side until next year though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive Piyush Chawla has already played for India, that was all that Craig said was necessary to be nominated.

adharcric

International Coach
Perm said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive Piyush Chawla has already played for India, that was all that Craig said was necessary to be nominated.
He did but that was hardly anything.

Craig said:
This is running from really now to the end of the World Cup so you can name any player any is playing in any international series until then and including the World Cup.
I took that as any player who is playing for the national side from now through the World Cup. Ehh whatever :)

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
I reckon players like Watson should be included if they're yet to meet their full potential, which I'm sure he has yet to do.

Craig

World Traveller
thedarkmullet said:
I reckon players like Watson should be included if they're yet to meet their full potential, which I'm sure he has yet to do.
And that is why I included him, and this summer I think he will.