• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why dew machines

andmark

International Captain
I have noticed that the groundsmen have been focusing on dew.They stop matches because theres dew on the pitch.It is said to affect play surly they should leave it, and tough luck on the players.What do you guys think.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's consider that dew traditionally only affects the team bowling second. It's a factor than can lessened in effect, if not eliminated. And in so doing, it makes the game a little more fair.

Natman20

International Debutant
Did you know andMark that 25 of your 118 posts have been the starts of a new thread since September 2006.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Most of them raise fairly interesting subjects, just are poorly phrased.

To a point though, it makes the games more interesting. It makes the captains think and adds something extra to the game, which must be good.

magsi23

U19 Debutant
andmark said:
Is that good or bad:laugh:

andmark dont listen to these guys, i love your posts, carry on doing the good work, there are many supporters for you on this forum like me

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
magsi23 said:
andmark dont listen to these guys, i love your posts, carry on doing the good work, there are many supporters for you on this forum like me
Oh geez, I wonder what'll happen if andmark gets banned, CW's first riot!