• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

High scorer Younis Khan

andmark

International Captain
We saw how Younis Khan batted against England (amazing).So in the ICC champs trophy should he be getting better scores.:crutch:Than what he is

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I've seen him bat a few times and hopefully some more when he joins Yorkshire. He isn't as good as Mohammed Yosuf or Inzamam, but a pretty good player. I'd put him alongside Strauss, Yuvraj, Sarwan, Clarke and others, who aren't quite good enough to be considered great, but nethertheless very good players.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well, I wouldn't call it obvious, but to many people Inzamam is one of the greatest Pakistani batsmen ever. He used to be one of the best players against pace in the world, and might still be. It's all just opinion though.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Lillian Thomson said:
Harry Secombe said if he ruled the world every day would be the first day of Spring. Wow, thanks Harry.
I'm still voting for Tommy Martyn when the election comes around.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He has an odd habit of coming out withlots of completely random things, that aren't related to anything in the thread.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
PhoenixFire said:
I've seen him bat a few times and hopefully some more when he joins Yorkshire. He isn't as good as Mohammed Yosuf or Inzamam, but a pretty good player. I'd put him alongside Strauss, Yuvraj, Sarwan, Clarke and others, who aren't quite good enough to be considered great, but nethertheless very good players.
In ODIs, Sarwan, Yuvraj and Clarke are much better than Younis. Understand what you are saying but you have to take into account the differences in the forms.

Younis is a very very very good test batsman. In ODIs he's just average really, good enough to get in the Pakistan team, but as you said, he's no Yousuf, nor is he a Sarwan or Clarke who average well over 40 in ODI cricket. Younis averages just over 30.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If you take into account the number of not out innings that Clarke, Yuvraj and Sarwan have, it makes their averages look pretty ordinary.

Average number of runs per innings (dividing by the number of innings)

Clarke: 33.44
Sarwan: 35.14
Yuvraj: 29.76

Younis Khan: 27.72

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PhoenixFire said:
If you take into account the number of not out innings that Clarke, Yuvraj and Sarwan have, it makes their averages look pretty ordinary.

Average number of runs per innings (dividing by the number of innings)

Clarke: 33.44
Sarwan: 35.14
Yuvraj: 29.76

Younis Khan: 27.72
Now let's take a look at the not out innings of those batsmen:

Ramnaresh Sarwan
12*
32*
30*
83*
39*
99*
102*
32*
42*
47*
47*
77*
11*
73*
104*
7*
30*
56*
2*
98*
115*
37*
Of his 23 not outs he has 10 scores of 50+, including 3 hundreds. Outside of that he has 8 scores of 30+.

Michael Clarke
39*
75*
55*
44*
33*
31*
5*
105*
103*
75*
71*
10*
80*
17*
82*
45*
16*
9*
54*
That's 19 not outs and 9 scores of 50+ with 2 hundreds. Outside of that he has a further 5 scores of 30+.

Yuvraj Singh
98*
10*
80*
64*
40*
7*
50*
58*
102*
2*
29*
35*
53*
79*
107*
63*
27*
That's 21 not outs, with 10 scores of 50+ and 2 hundreds among them. He also has another 2 scores of 30+.

These aren't just players boosting their average with several tiny not outs. Generally when these guys are unbeaten, they've scored more than Younis Khan's career average with or without a not out. These guys have not outs because they're matchwinners. They fininsh games for their teams. It's hardly fair to remove their not out stats when they're so impressive as individual scores.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Thats fair enough actually. When I see not outs on a card, I usually assume them to be 17* or 23*, rather than 117*, so I guess your right.