• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MARK WAUGH DROPPED!!!!!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
martyn. Ponting has point!!
Mark Waugh, in an interview I heard this morning, sems to think it'll be either Matthew Hayden or Ricky Ponting. I'd say Ricky Ponting because Matthew Hayden is a sensational gully fielder and no-one else seems willing to do it when Steve Waugh finally gives it up.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The decision to drop Mark was the correct one. His decision to retire was also appropriate as there was little chance of his getting back into this star-studded Aussie side. Besides, for the better part of last season, the team was carrying him and thus denying a chance for some younger, up-and-coming players.

Steve is a much more determined individual, plus he is the captain, so he might hang on for a little while longer, but his time too is drawing near however much he denies it.

[Edited on 10/29/2002 by anilramavarma]

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Cya Junior. Who do you thinks gonna do the back up bowling now that Mark's not in the team to bowl his off-breaks? Lehmann's SLA stuff or Ponting's offies or maybe even a bit of medium pace from Steve...you never know, hes not that many wickets off 100 test wickets and he's got not much time to get them in in my opinion cause hes gonna have to retire soon.