• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

when cricket gets boring...

Kimbo

International Debutant
well, yesterday i played in a very boring match...
my team made 280 of the fifty(i got 22, batting at 9), bowled the other side out for 59. sounds kind of exciting.. lotsa wickets, lotsa runs...
well the other team made 59 off about 40 overs...:(!
dont you hate it when the batting side cant win, but decide to just drag it out and block every ball... i do!
gave me some nice figures though... 5-2-7-1

[Edited on 19/10/2002 by Sunil Havascar]

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
My game was similar. We got 219/9 off our 50 overs(I got 50 opening in a 103 opening partnership) and then we bowled East Shirley out for 68 in the 28th over. It is good though. we now our at the top of the table now that the first round is complete.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
2 rounds or 2 games?.. we only have 4 teams in our compition and have played them all

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yea sorry.. I am think of something else. I am think that we have played every team once already etc.
Rounds could be used as both.
Well done with your bowling. Wish I could bowl that economicly with my leggies

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
last season i played against a team that after we made 221 all out after 38 overs batted for the next 52 overs for 128 2 batsmen in for most of the morning

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
In Division 'A' here yesterday Muscat CT thumped 410+ runs off their alloted 50 overs and the other side scored 286/7 in reply in 50 overs....how about that for a high scoring match. Again nothing to blame but for the cement pitches played on.

Yeah I see sunil Havascar's point, in fact we have it alot here in Oman, and that is the reason why I hate point systems based on how many wickets are lost and how quickly runs are scored. I'm more in support of 2 or 3 points given in the case of a win and 0 for a lose, 1 for a tie.