• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSW side this year.

brockley

International Captain
With heaps of NSW players out this year the side will look very green.
On form this would be my ING side for the first game would be:
jaques
simmons
cooper
cowan
thornely
haddin
o'brien
henriques
bird
macgill if fit
bollinger
12th man nicholsen.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
jaques
simmons
cooper
cowan
thornely
haddin
o'brien
henriques
bird
macgill if fit
bollinger
12th man nicholsen.
I would start Nicholas since he is the most experienced seamer with all the rest out on international duty, although NSW will have Bracken for a fair while this season.

brockley

International Captain
Creed has been around 2 or 3 seasons and has yet to arouse the selectors' nozzle wonder if its got something to do with the fact he is a saffie.Definitely a crunch season for cowan,creed and packman.Cooper had a good institute series 2nd top batsmen,and after the world youth cup is very tempting as is dave warner.Be interested where the selectors will head this year is benaud still a selector.
Be interesting how they will play henriques he did play in the final and gives us batting at no 8.
Brakken and katich will miss most the season with one day committments,macgill will be available most the season tho.

brockley

International Captain
The NSW state league just begun.
Act beat sydney north,sydney south east beat sydney central,and sydney west beat nsw country.
Best performers rob aitken,michael divin,daniel christian,stuart stanton,jarrad burke,grant roden,mark cameron and moises henriques.(see sunday herald for the scores)
Ryan bulger turned out for sydney central so gather he has signed for a sydney club this year from the ACT.
Gather the fact that the ACT is player in the NSW state league means their players are available for NSW this year.

luffy

International Captain
Katich will be playing domestic this year. He wont get selected for Australia.(Hopefully)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Be interesting to see how Moises Henriques gets on, looked different class in the under 19 World Cup.

brindyman

Cricket Spectator
brockley said:
jaques
simmons
cooper
cowan
thornely
haddin
o'brien
henriques
bird
macgill if fit
bollinger
12th man nicholsen.
thats pretty good dude if haddin doesnt get picked for the odi's of course but then again unless gilly pulls a sickie thats not likely....well thought out:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
brockley said:
jaques
simmons
cooper
cowan
thornely
haddin
o'brien
henriques
bird
macgill if fit
bollinger
12th man nicholsen.
I think Cooper and Cowan might find themselves batting a bit lower than that to start off with, but the team itself looks pretty spot on, unless Phelps is going around again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Clarence said:
You guys seriously think Cooper will get a run from the word go?
I think it depends on if Phelps has retired or not. I heard he may well be hanging up the gloves but I didn't read anything official about it.

In any rate, I'm fairly sure that if Cooper does get a start first game, it won't be at #3...

brockley

International Captain
Mathew phelps retired and has gone into administration for NSW country.
Looks like we will have phil jaques most the season he has done his dash in malaysia,missed opportunity.
Agree katich may strongly bow out of the one day side and probably stuart clark,which will really improve our bowling stocks.