• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Piper

International Captain
I love the 'Guide to the <insert a cricket stroke here>' I think it's a good idea to help kids to improve on certain strokes and who better to show them then the best?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Excuse me not supplying links, but someone directed me to a really funny clip from the 1st test in the 1948 ashes the other day. It involved (I think) Barnes grabbing a stump and running off the pitch as far as the pavilion when he thought the game was over. In fact it wasn't, and he had to bring it back before the winning runs could be scored. At that point, the English fielders grabbed all 3 stumps before Barnes could grap any of them, and the final shot shows Barnes slinging his bat to the ground in frustration. Well worth a look if you can find it.

EDIT

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ92vHHuDhU

Last edited: