• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Coaching - Level 1

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I have put my name down to sit my coaching level 1 next month. Has anyone done this and know what it contains. Is it easy?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i know ppl that have done it and if you know cricket than you will have no trouble with it - where did you put your name down to do it at

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I put my name down with My cricket association(south canterbury) but they are taking about 4 of us it christchurch to do it I think.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I did it in August. I have done my 50 hours of coaching too.
It's pretty basic, pretty easy. The examination night is fine too, it kind of sucks having to coach all the kids in front of examiners but its just one of those things you gotta do.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Level 1 in England

I did my Level 1 back in England in 99 which I think is a very good course to do. Bound to be different in other countries but in England, the ECB Level 1 coaches the coaches as it were on every aspect of cricket from fielding, batting and bowling.

I actually got more from it on a playing point of view than coaching as it helped me with technique and improved a few things!

I'm looking to do Level 2 in Dorset early 2003 which concentrates on nets and video analysis.

Useful string to your bow if you're into cricket I'd say.