• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian domestic season 2006-07

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka A v South Zone game getting very interesting - Sri Lanka A need another 80-odd with four wickets remaining, but Warnapura and Kaushal Silva are going well.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka A have won their match against South by 3 wickets, as Malinda Warnapura scored a century. Yo Mahesh got 6 wickets, but it was not enough for South's four-man bowling attack to stop the Lankans on their way to victory.
I'd say Sharma is still a India prospect and might be one in the future as well. Tough to use the term "one-time" for someone who's still only 23 years of age. (I think?)
The way he was cast aside after his debut series shows the selectors didn't want him back. We all say he's an India prospect, but he's often missing from the Indian ODI side and even the A team, for some strange reason, while the likes of Dinesh Mongia and TP Singh make the team ahead of him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
North pinched two points from their first-innings lead against East, ending the match at 65/1. Ganguly can try his luck with the Ranji Trophy as captain of the Bengal side; maybe they can win the tournament this time.

Dravid

International Captain
Arjun said:
There will be a Ranji match from 23-27 November and one in the first week of December. Will you be there then?
Most probably. Might end up going depending on where it take place in Delhi.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka A managed to get to a 3 wicket win against South Zone, helped by a good century from Warnapura, he received good support from wicket keeper batsman Silva.

The game between East Zone and North Zone just fumbled away into a draw with little play on the last day.

Dravid

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yup thought that there were two matches those days. One at Feroz Shah Kotla, and one at Karnail Singh Stadium. Gotta figure out which one is closer to my place and will probably end up going to one of them.

adharcric

International Coach
Seriously, you have to choose between a Delhi vs TN match and a Railways vs Madhya Pradesh match.
In one match, you'll see Gambhir, Nehra and Badrinath. In the other one, you'll see JP Yadav, Murali Kartik and co. massacre a crap MP side.
No-brainer? :unsure:

Dravid

International Captain
You know what, actually I just noticed something. I was supposed to go to Bomaby on the 10th, but it's been delayed until the 16th. I'm probably going to be back around the 24th so I might miss the first couple of days but I'm going to try my best on going on Day 4 of the match. If I go I will take pictures of the match with my phone, and if I'm able to meet any players, will take pictures with them also.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dravid said:
You know what, actually I just noticed something. I was supposed to go to Bomaby on the 10th, but it's been delayed until the 16th. I'm probably going to be back around the 24th so I might miss the first couple of days but I'm going to try my best on going on Day 4 of the match. If I go I will take pictures of the match with my phone, and if I'm able to meet any players, will take pictures with them also.
be sure to post them here at CW, adharcric. :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you expect this Delhi side to spring up a surprise?
  • Sehwag
  • Gambhir
  • Manhas
  • Abhinav Bali
  • Mayank Tehlan
  • Varun Kumar (WK)
  • Sumit Sharma (OB)
  • Abhishek Sharma (LBG)
  • Ishant Sharma (RFM)
  • Nehra (LMF)
  • Bhandari (RMF)
  • RESERVE: Rajat Bhatia (RM?)
  • RESERVE: Yogesh Sachdeva (SLA)
  • RESERVE: Shikhar Dhawan
  • RESERVE: Narender Negi
  • RESERVE: Akash Chopra

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid said:
True, and it turns at Feroz Shah Kotla is closer to my place.
Kotla seems a decent place for a match, but don't bother going to Karnail, unless you're a die-hard Railways fan. That place is awful, even for the players. Facilities, if any, are primitive, and everything about it has 'also-ran' written all over it.

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
Would you expect this Delhi side to spring up a surprise?
  • Sehwag
  • Gambhir
  • Manhas
  • Abhinav Bali
  • Mayank Tehlan
  • Varun Kumar (WK)
  • Sumit Sharma (OB)
  • Abhishek Sharma (LBG)
  • Ishant Sharma (RFM)
  • Nehra (LMF)
  • Bhandari (RMF)
  • RESERVE: Rajat Bhatia (RM?)
  • RESERVE: Yogesh Sachdeva (SLA)
  • RESERVE: Shikhar Dhawan
  • RESERVE: Narender Negi
  • RESERVE: Akash Chopra
Dhawan must play.
Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhawan, Manhas, Bali/Tehlan, S Sharma, Kumar (wk), A Sharma, I Sharma, Nehra, Bhandari looks better.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
Dhawan must play.
Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhawan, Manhas, Bali/Tehlan, S Sharma, Kumar (wk), A Sharma, I Sharma, Nehra, Bhandari looks better.
The team can only have two openers, so Dhawan may have to be benched once more. Anyway, Sehwag may not be available for a few matches, so that should get Dhawan into the team.

By the way, would you consider Mithun Manhas as a middle-order batsman for the Indian ODI side? He's got a hard-to-match average over 50 and is a reasonably good fielder. He may be the best limited-overs batsman in the scene now.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
The team can only have two openers, so Dhawan may have to be benched once more. Anyway, Sehwag may not be available for a few matches, so that should get Dhawan into the team.

By the way, would you consider Mithun Manhas as a middle-order batsman for the Indian ODI side? He's got a hard-to-match average over 50 and is a reasonably good fielder. He may be the best limited-overs batsman in the scene now.
In principle yes, but look at the England side: they have Cook (an opener) batting at three. I'd play Dhawan any day ahead of Bali/Tehlan, even if it means him batting at three. Sehwag could well bat in the middle order anyway.