• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian domestic season 2006-07

adharcric

International Coach
India Blue finish on 381-6 ... completely ravaged the bowling attack.
Looking forward to watching a) Pathan bowl b) Ganguly bat c) Raina bat.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man I wanna see how Ganguly handles this chase. If he gets them anywhere close it'd be awesome.

Go Saurav.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Greens have already lost this match. They don't have the firepower in their batting. There's the unproven Pravin Kumar and Piyush Chawla, and of course, Ganguly, but except Pravin, none of them can explode into a bowling attack.

Talking of Pravin, one can only hope he learns something here– never bowl short to tall batsmen (Irfan swatting his short deliveries to the fence, leg-side), never bowl short or length in the final overs (25+ runs in the last two overs he bowled), NEVER OVER-STEP (three no-balls, and the last ball was hitfor a four by Agarkar). It's been a dreadful day for him and all other strikers, owing to the brilliant form of Sachin and the dumb bowling changes by Kaif. Hopefully he'll get five wickets in the next match.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Kris Srikkanth is hilarious. He said of Rohan Gavaskar 'The Bengal boy says Bengal bowlers bowled well' and then realised his mistake 'Don't worry, you'll make the Bengal side this season'.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh brother, Agarkar opens the bowling. Greets Ganguly with a bouncer, called a wide. I wouldn't be surprised if Ganguly, Jaffer and Kumar take the little bloke to the cleaners.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Fours - one off Munaf and two off Agarkar. All on the off side. All typical Ganguly. Good stuff.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
BRING BACK ZAHEER KHAN! Two balls wide outside off-stump bowled by the team's premier, experienced strike bowler. Both smashed to the fence by Ganguly. "If you don't want me back, at least get your choice of strike bowler right!"

ADD-ON: Munaf is cranking up pace, but he's bowling to the pads once too often. He has to bowl very well to keep value-added bowlers like Sharma, Bangar, Powar and Kumar off his place, since his batting is put to no use and he can't field too well.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
BRING BACK ZAHEER KHAN! Two balls wide outside off-stump bowled by the team's premier, experienced strike bowler. Both smashed to the fence by Ganguly. "If you don't want me back, at least get your choice of strike bowler right!"

ADD-ON: Munaf is cranking up pace, but he's bowling to the pads once too often. He has to bowl very well to keep value-added bowlers like Sharma, Bangar, Powar and Kumar off his place, since his batting is put to no use and he can't field too well.
As long as you compare Sharma, Bangar and Kumar to Munaf as bowlers, no one will take you seriously. As for Agarkar, he has matured a lot recently. We'll see how Zaheer does in the next match, I'd like to see him back as well if he can do well there.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Agarkar has been very good and there is no way he should be out of the team if that is being implied!

Dravid

International Captain
381...damn thats good. Great 100 by Sachin, 4 6's and 20 4's...amazing. Good support by Dhoni, Dravid(who batted where he belongs) and Pathan.

Can't say anything about the Green bowling.

Ganguly is opening and past 20...**** I made a bet with my friend that he will get out for less than 20...o well...I just hope he doesnt score anymore runs cause as much as I liked him in the past, I hate him as much now and he doesn't deserve to be on the team anymore.

adharcric

International Coach
Ganguly gone. :(
I actually wanted him to do well here for some reason. He looked really focused. Come on Raina, show your stuff.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Ganguly gone. :(
I actually wanted him to do well here for some reason. He looked really focused. Come on Raina, show your stuff.
How much did he score? All the scorecards are frozen and I didn't bother buying it yet.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ganguly - looked good and fit as well before Munaf got him. He tried to slash it on the off side but the extra bounce that Munaf gets meant that the ball went straight to the fielder. Munaf keeps impressing me in all this as I see him bowl more.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
As long as you compare Sharma, Bangar and Kumar to Munaf as bowlers, no one will take you seriously. As for Agarkar, he has matured a lot recently. We'll see how Zaheer does in the next match, I'd like to see him back as well if he can do well there.
Agarkar still bowls rubbish with a few good balls mixed in. That happened this time as well. He lacks power, unlike Zaheer.

Besides, there's nothing great about Munaf as a bowler to keep him far ahead of that bunch. He can't field. He's scoring next to nothing and that's often hurt the team. We're talking ODI's here, and all of this matters.