• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international cricketer do you most resemble on the field?

adharcric

International Coach
For cricketers only ... who do you bat, field and bowl like among international cricketers?
Be realistic, I don't want to see any "Sachin Tendulkar's" around here unless there's a real good reason.
Obviously, most of us aren't anywhere close to as good as our international copies, but the style of play is what matters.

myself: Mohammad Kaif (batting, fielding) and Ajit Agarkar (except I have a long run-up which is wasted with my stutter and weird chest-on action where I almost jump off the wrong foot :)) (bowling)
... rather tragic isn't it (AA :()

Last edited:

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
adharcric said:
myself: Mohammad Kaif (batting, fielding) and Ajit Agarkar (except I have a weird chest-on action where I almost jump off the wrong foot :)) (bowling)
... rather tragic isn't it (AA :()
Thats not a bad combination.Kaif is a very good batsman and Ajit is a useful bowler, you should be in Indian national team as an allrounder, probably in place of Pathan.

adharcric

International Coach
PakPowered said:
Thats not a bad combination.Kaif is a very good batsman and Ajit is a useful bowler, you should be in Indian national team as an allrounder, probably in place of Pathan.
LOL, I'm a weaker version of Kaif and a less-pacy version of Agarkar though. Be glad I don't play for India. Actually wait, you're Pakistani, be sad I don't play for India.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Batted like KP, always looking to score leg-side and get on top of the bowlers, probably played about five drives through the covers in my short career. Ain't played for years though and probably never will again, to my chagrin.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think about who i most resemble all the time, probably because i spend most of my time copying famous cricketers.

Batting wise, I am very much like bell in defense and on the off-side when i'm playing quite defensively, but when i'm attacking, i bat a lot like KP+Vikram Solanki. Kp because i often balance on just my front leg and try to swat the ball over mid-wicket but a lot of the time i play 'inside out' for some reason, and hit balls on leg stump through the off-side.

On the bowling front, i am all over the place. One day i bowl like Saj Mahmood(or think i look like him) and the next i'm bowling like Brett Lee(Action only)

cpr

International Coach
One of my mates who played properly compared my batting style to Ramperkash. Apparently i'm technically quite sound, especially on the off-side. However technique isnt really that helpful when timings lacking :)

Bowling gotta say i'm a Chris Schofield (how did you guess!).. Can get decent leg spin, consistency is to pot though. For some reason nowadays i get more turn with a googly than a leg spinner, and the actions less dubious n all :) (can spot it a mile off mind). When i'm not trying to be a spinner, i can get a pretty decent line and length, but only at a medium pace. Ball doesnt do much from what i can remember (mebbie if i tried now i'd get some swing, now i know more about technique), so count me as the Butcher/A McGrath type of bowler in that case... worth trying if the pitch aint turning and you need a relief bowler

Fielding i used to be in the slips, good reactions coming from being a goalkeeper, but had a few too many drops :) So in that case i'm going Shane Warne (bye bye Ashes :))

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
A little bit like Mark Waugh with the batting, except without the off-side shots. Wristy leg glance and on-drive are the standard run scoring shots.

Overall though, probably Andrew Hall. Front-on accurate medium pace, and defensive leg-side oriented top order batting.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
i have the concentration of Geoff Allot
and useful sticking around when the team is in trouble type of batsman*/B]
great at sneaky cheeky little shots(reverse sweep,that Mcullum shot**
glances.etc) i even made my own new shot-without even trying to do it

Bowling has been likened to Stuart MacGill
spin isnt huge but line length consistency and trick bowling is good

*- Who is a batsman like this

** - you know the one
it won a match in the Chappel/Hadlee series 2/3 years back

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
33/3from3.3 said:
Bowling has been likened to Stuart MacGill
spin isnt huge but line length consistency
and trick bowling is good

*- Who is a batsman like this

** - you know the one
it won a match in the Chappel/Hadlee series 2/3 years back
:huh:

How is that like Stuart MacGill?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kaif with the bat and people have actually pointed that out to me Probably MacGill with the ball, except without the awesome wrong-un (or one that can land on the pitch).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Batting: I'd like to say Kevin Pietersen, but in reality it's probably more like Rob Key. :D Although I was likened to Jacques Kallis by a coach once. :cool:

Bowling: Probably Rob Key again. :laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
With the bat, much like Hayden very still at the crease, very strong straight & on the leg-side.

with the ball when bowling quickly i use my shoulder similar to Kasper but not with the same action. When bowling the off-spinners similar approach to the crease & release like Sehwag.

Jdz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shane Warne, I'd like to think I'm a good txter like Warney. :unsure:

(I don't play Cricket...)