• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chanderpaul Resigns as Captain

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Heard that Lara and Sarwan have refused the captaincy.
There was a report in the Trinidad Guardian yesterday that Sarwan will be the new captain. I don't see why he would act as deputy for so long and refuse the captaincy now.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think it was some dispute or something. Could be false though but you can never rule out anything with the WI.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
sensible picks, I guess. But I still think Gayle would do well IF given that responsibility of captaincy. He just strikes me as a guy who would lift when given the responsibility.

I thought I shud bring this up and earn myself (and a few others who shared this opinion back then) some bragging rights. :)

GAyle 4 Windies TEst captain!!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought I shud bring this up and earn myself (and a few others who shared this opinion back then) some bragging rights. :)

GAyle 4 Windies TEst captain!!!!
Haha, what sort of test has Gayle had so far? They beat England in an ODI series - it's not like that is hard by any means - and he hasn't had any serious opposition to deal with since. Hardly worth bragging rights at this stage - but we'll see. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
juz seeing the way he behaved when made captain suggests that more than anything else, at least he wants to do this and is passionate abt it. More than what u can say abt Sarwan, AFAIC. It is almost as if Sarwan was captain by default.