• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in the West Indies

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
sirjeremy11 said:
Zim have fast bowlers?!
Fast by Zim standards, anyway.

Mahwire and Rainsford bowl in the high 120s to low 130s, while Mupariwa bowls a tad slower than that.

Rinke, Chigumbura, Chibhabba, Strydom and Meth all bowl medium pace as well to about the same standard. I hope they let Rinke and Chibhabba focus on their batting though, and tell them to forget the bowling. That's one of our main problems - due to the very poor standard of first class cricket, all the talented cricketers in the country continue to bowl bat and bowl throughout their careers. They eventually get selected in the national side based on one attribute, but are forced to continue to work on the other as well for the sake of their domestic performances. This is essentially a waste of time as far as the national side goes... having Chibhabba spend the time he currently wastes on developing his bowling on his batting would be far more beneficial.

I don't mind players like Utseya, Mahwire Higgins etc working on their batting as everyone has to bat and the top order is shocking, but having 5 part-time medium pacers that go for 7 an over is no better than having 2 part-time medium pacers that go for 7 an over...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woefully lacking match fitness though. I wouldn't be surprised if he went for a few tomorrow.

The team I expect to play:

CH Gayle
RS Morton
RR Sarwan
BC Lara (C)
S Chanderpaul
DJJ Bravo
DR Smith
D Ramdin (wk)
IDR Bradshaw
CD Collymore
FH Edwards

The team I'd like:

CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
RS Morton
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan
DJJ Bravo
DR Smith
D Ramdin (wk)
IDR Bradshaw
CD Collymore
FH Edwards

oz_fan

International Regular
I agree that Chanderpaul is a better option to open. I reckon he will make a lot of runs in this series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I think he has to. He's already showing major signs of Ganguly syndrome. It would be a shame if he didn't return to his best now that the captaincy is no longer his worry. At his best, Chanderpaul is one of the best in the world.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Woefully lacking match fitness though. I wouldn't be surprised if he went for a few tomorrow.

The team I expect to play:

CH Gayle
RS Morton
RR Sarwan
BC Lara (C)
S Chanderpaul
DJJ Bravo
DR Smith
D Ramdin (wk)
IDR Bradshaw
CD Collymore
FH Edwards

The team I'd like:

CH Gayle
S Chanderpaul
RS Morton
BC Lara (C)
RR Sarwan
DJJ Bravo
DR Smith
D Ramdin (wk)
IDR Bradshaw
CD Collymore
FH Edwards
You want Dwayne Smith to be selected! I never thought I'd see the day!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Prince EWS said:
You want Dwayne Smith to be selected! I never thought I'd see the day!
I don't have a problem with Dwayne Smith playing ODI cricket. Especially when he's batting at number 7.

He also can't be dropped, as he took 5 wickets in his last ODI.

oz_fan

International Regular
Lara in the mix to open
Would be a good opening pair of Gayle and Lara but I think I would rather see Lara in the middle order. Chanderpaul didn't nominate himself to open so I doubt he will. Maybe Sarwan would be a good option?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
DanielFullard said:
What time British Time does play start? Depending on how things so I expect to be at the last day of the Durham v Lancs match on Saturday so Im wondering how much Ill miss. Also on Sunday Ill be more inclined to watch whatever Domestic match is on so Ill probably record both games in ths series and watch them later in the evening
All of it if Zimbabwe bat first.

Mr Mxyzptlk

The pitch isn't one that even Australia would win this match in 20 overs. It's slow and difficult to score on - not the typical Antigua pitch. Morton's shot was very loose though. No movement of the feet.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The pitch isn't one that even Australia would win this match in 20 overs. It's slow and difficult to score on - not the typical Antigua pitch. Morton's shot was very loose though. No movement of the feet.
Yeah I know, just jesting actually thought the West Indies did not bowl particularly well, all things considered. Credit to the Zimbabweans for getting such a total and even though it wasn’t pretty on the eyes Justice Chibhabha did well, considering he was lucky not to go for next to nothing, when the ball rolled onto his stumps.

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
I'd like to see Marlon Samuels in this team. Don't know who he'd replace though.
There's no room for Marlon Samuels unless Runako Morton fails.

I heard an email read recently by a Jamaican cricket supporter. He was advocating picking Marlon Samuels over Dwayne Bravo, saying that Bravo is a poser and Marlon Samuels is a much better allrounder. I laughed.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah I agree about Morton. That's the only spot atm. You had a right to laugh too. Samuels is far from an allrounder. Just an occasional bowler like a Wavell Hinds.