• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
James said:
Richardson having "no comment" says it's no hoax. If it was a hoax surely he'd laugh it off!
Yep. Absolutely correct. Rigor is obviously willing to speak his mind, and if he isn't, then it isn't a joke.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No Volty, it wasn't on tv because it wasn't meant to be on TV. It wasn't meant to be on TV because it wasn't meant to be aired, and it wasn't meant to be aired because it isn't real.
Sigh...

Let's just see if it ever does appear on an episode of Cricket Company. Which, considering the usual tenor of Cricket Company, I highly doubt.

CricketProducer

Cricket Spectator
Yes, unfortunately you've all been sucked by a very good performance by Fleming. It WAS staged by Rigor and everyone at the ground was astounded at how good it was. You will have to watch Cricket Company on Thursday to see the final result. I'm sure you will all see it for what it is, once presented in CONTEXT. Interesting word. Sky's broadcast started at 10am. That interview was (regretably) put on Sky's output after the link was erected, by around 9.15-9.30am and 'Willow TV', I believe, starts airing on the internet the moment the link is up from the ground. What this means is that they transmit much peripheral material not meant for transmission such as rehearsals and 'Cricket Company' colour items. I know you'll debate it, but you can see it all for yourselves on Thursday night.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your post, that's very interesting.

If it is indeed a hoax, why Is Richardson having "no comment" to the media about it?

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
If Flem and Rigor were acting, maybe they could star in a new film, Brokebat Mountain.

***ual tension maybe?

Loony BoB

International Captain
James said:

If it is indeed a hoax, why Is Richardson having "no comment" to the media about it?
Might not have known what his producers would have wanted him to say, to be fair.

I'm rather 50/50 on whether to think it's a hoax or not, but having seen hoaxes on other programs, I can see how all of this could happen.

brettishere

Cricket Spectator
Sky TV must think people are stupid

James said:
Sky TV are trying to say it was scripted and a spoof for a cricket show.

How gullible does Sky think the public are.

That was not acting by Fleming, it was genuine, I know Sky has to spin it a certain way to save face, that was real anger shown by Fleming, if it was scripted it would of better worded than that.

Fleming cant act that good.

I think the most funny part of this incident is the fact that Sky are trying to say it was a spoof for their cricket company show.

I see a new Tui billboard "Fleming and Richardson was a spoof, YEAH RIGHT"

brettishere

Cricket Spectator
no hoax

James said:

There is no way that video is a hoax, take a look at flemings body language and listen to waht he says, that anit scripted, sky is trying to save face, but the NZ public arent falling for it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
brettishere said:
Fleming cant act that good.
Every time someone says this, I think "Well hell, I can..." and wonder if I should take up a career change. Acting isn't that hard.

CricketProducer

Cricket Spectator
Well I wouldn't call it a hoax. It's inadvertant at best. An accident that Willow TV would broadcast at that time of the day. Rigor is only commenting on Sky's Sport 365 tonight. The rest of the interest, understandably, we want diverted to people watching the show on Thursday.

brettishere

Cricket Spectator
Fleming

CricketProducer said:
Well I wouldn't call it a hoax. It's inadvertant at best. An accident that Willow TV would broadcast at that time of the day. Rigor is only commenting on Sky's Sport 365 tonight. The rest of the interest, understandably, we want diverted to people watching the show on Thursday.
One look at Fleming's body language and what was said, shows me its real. Of course they will try and spin it as a joke. Fleming has always been thinned skinned, and wouldnt take any negative comments in a good way.

format

Cricket Spectator
anyone saying fleming is acting is either extremely gullible or hasn't seen his attempt at acting on the tv ad's he's appeared in - no offence to fleming but the man can't act. well done sky for trying to get some ratings out of this though :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I find it very hard to believe that was a hoax, it sounds like a horrible cover up to me.

But at the same time, I find it very hard to believe anyone would try and cover up something like this with that stupid excuse, "Oh they were acting for a show". Its so dumb it almost has to be true.

I'm confused :ph34r:

James

Cricket Web Owner
If this happened to Michael Vaughan, and the British media got a hold of it, Vaughan would be eaten alive.

Stephen Fleming obviously has a protective shield around him here.

It's a very good cover up I must say.