• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

James

Cricket Web Owner
Richard said:
Video not working for me, BTW... anyone else experiencing similar problems...?
Try again Richard, it's downloading fine.

Perhaps you just tried when it being hit like crazy.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
It wasn't the selectors' fault, NZ were just nowhere near as good as luck had made them look over the last 3 years and that luck finally ran-out in England.
That's a bit harsh mate. Luck had nothing to do with our good results. We have some good players that are the result of our academy system bearing it's fruit. Unfortunately we didn't have access to our best lineup, whereas England did.

In the 2004 series we came up against a very good and much improved England - proven by the subsequent result of the Ashes series - who were the better side. However, if you recall, NZ were unbeaten in the one-day series, and England didn't make the final.

I'd be more worried about England's performances since the Ashes. Sadly, it looks like they've gone backwards.

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
maxpower said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what's fleming gonna do next, go tell mommy how everyone is mean to him ???:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry boys but that is all BS.

It was a and I quote
we've been assured it was a scripted hoax to be used on this weeks Cricket Company but some how prematurely ended up on the internet!
I emailed it to radio sport in NZ this morning to see if they had seen it and that was the reply I got back.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
dantheman said:
Sorry boys but that is all BS.

It was a and I quote

I emailed it to radio sport in NZ this morning to see if they had seen it and that was the reply I got back.
Do you seriously believe that? Have you seen the clip? That was no scripted hoax. The look of contempt on Fleming's face should win an Oscar if it was.

The Maestro

School Boy/Girl Captain
NO WAY is that scripted, key part for me is Flemings first comment "your an idiot" He SPITS it out like its a thought that got away on him

Funniest thing Ive seen for aaaaages :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
James said:
If it's a hoax, why was it broadcast "live" with no explanation given at the time?

Well obviously so it looked like it was real. Think about it what is more believeable? A mouth full that Flemming gives Rigger after a REAL interview in a REAL GAME or something that is obviously made up and put out as sitcom piece.

Sure it looks real and well what flemming said is absolutely true but hey thats they explanation they are giving so whats the point in searching for conspiracy theories on it?

We will have to wait until Cricket Company comes on tv.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
It was on Midday News on Tv One.

They showed the entire clip and said it was posted on the Internet.

They reported that Martin Crowe said it was a hoax, but they 'playfully' questioned that.

They also said that Richardson had "no comment on the matter".

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
James said:
Iwhy was it broadcast "live" with no explanation given at the time?

1) It wasn't broadcast, it was never on tv, it was something recorded AFTER the interview had finished.

2) No explaination was needed because it wasn't broadcasted on TV.

Yes I thought it was real too, and yes I think it could still be real, but meh they gave a reason for it and they are sticking to it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
dantheman said:
1) It wasn't broadcast, it was never on tv, it was something recorded AFTER the interview had finished.
It was caught on a live raw feed. That's why it wasn't on TV... 8-)

James

Cricket Web Owner
meatspx said:
It was on Midday News on Tv One.

They showed the entire clip and said it was posted on the Internet.

They reported that Martin Crowe said it was a hoax, but they 'playfully' questioned that.

They also said that Richardson had "no comment on the matter".
My email to TV One obviously paid off, shame they didn't mention Cricket Web :D

Richardson having "no comment" says it's no hoax. If it was a hoax surely he'd laugh it off!

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
Voltman said:
Hey, dantheman, did you hear they've taken gullible out of the dictionary?

Hey Volty..bite me.

I asked radio sport, they gave a reason for it, I am just not going to dig deeper. What's the point?

Rigger might not have wanted to comment because he didn't want to ruin the 'suprise' if they show it on cricket company...

Maybe, Flemming was asked to have a go at Rigger without Rigger knowing about it?
People know Rigger does the interviews, and they knew he was going to interview Flemming being the captin and all.

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
Voltman said:

Yeah...cameras were still rolling after the interview finished, but it wasn't being broadcast. Your point?

Seems all the more likely that they would keep cameras rolling if they knew Flemming was going to have a good at Rigger right? But they wouldn't keep broadcasting because they wouldn't want it going on to live television.

My guess is Flemming was asked to have a go at Rigger and he didn't know about it.

This is why Rigger looked so dumb founded and also why the cameras keep rolling to record it, without it actually being broadcast and ALSO why it made the internet so fast without any explanation being given from the people behind it.

The internet good for 2 things **** and conspiracy theories.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Voltman said:
What evidence do you have that it was indeed aired on a live raw feed, by the way? The word of the person that posted it?

While I still think it was probably real, I don't really care either way if it's not going to be turned into a big deal by the media, and personally I'm glad that it isn't. Will be interesting to hear about this Cricket Company thing, though.

To the people who say "but it looked so real!" - I've made my best friends think I was serious when I'm just messing. Trust me, acting isn't that hard to do :p

EDIT: And one thing I do agree with dantheman on is "The internet good for 2 things **** and conspiracy theories." :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What evidence do you have that it was indeed aired on a live raw feed, by the way? The word of the person that posted it?
It's been said it's from Willow TV, and my mates (who aren't related to sports forums in any way) said this is a regular thing for Willow to just keep running footage when the host broadcaster cuts away for other commitments.

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
[
It was caught on a live raw feed. That's why it wasn't on TV...
No Volty, it wasn't on tv because it wasn't meant to be on TV. It wasn't meant to be on TV because it wasn't meant to be aired, and it wasn't meant to be aired because it isn't real.

Think about it. Why would they keep the 'live raw feed' going if they didn't know it was going to happen? WHy would they keep recording if they didn't know it was going to happen?

It was only shot on sunday I think maybe saturday, which is why NO one has commeneted about it. Rigger might not have known it was going to happen, etc etc etc. That is what a Hoax is, something elaboratley designed to fool people ( especially those on the internet who are more than eager to post the latest "did you see" or " did you hear" news)