• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Oh dear! I was about to ask "where's Murali" but I guess it doesn't matter one bit. How on earth are there guys going to compete against Australia?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How many times does Mubarak have to fail before he is dropped?. The guy has played over 15 ODI, as well has having an awful average (18 odd) he bats like a snail, there has to be better options for Sri Lanka than this guy.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
TT Boy said:
How many times does Mubarak have to fail before he is dropped?. The guy has played over 15 ODI, as well has having an awful average (18 odd) he bats like a snail, there has to be better options for Sri Lanka than this guy.
I think he has now played his last game for SL for a while or even forever . If he does not get dropped for good now, the selectors need a bullet .

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Another very Bangladesh like performance. They don't fail to disappoint their detractors.

I wish they would improve a little more. Hate to imagine if Vaas or Murali were there...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The better coach (Whatmore) has done well to manage only a 5 wicket loss given his resources and players.

I am not sure if Maharoof is the right choice for opening the bowling given he was on the fringes of getting dropped himself when he pulled out (with a so called injury) from Australia.

The selectors are wasting an opportunity to try out the genuine SL fringe players here - ie Tharanga, Lokuhettige etc. I am unclear as to what's happened to Nuwan Zoysa.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
sirjeremy11 said:
Another very Bangladesh like performance. They don't fail to disappoint their detractors.

I wish they would improve a little more. Hate to imagine if Vaas or Murali were there...
I would like them (Bangla) to win some games for several reasons -

1 that would sink Moody and get rid of him for good.
2 It would shut people like Ponting up for a while at least .
3 We may get a wholesale clearance of the selectors and the Board and bring political intereference in SL Cricket into focus.
4 We may get an opportunity of getting Whatmore back . (Although Bangla may want to hold onto him)

But I love SL cricket too much and my pride and passion for SL cricket will not allow me to wish for a Bangla win even despite all of the above !! :( :( :confused:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
JASON said:
I am not sure if Maharoof is the right choice for opening the bowling given he was on the fringes of getting dropped himself when he pulled out (with a so called injury) from Australia.
TBH, I don't think it makes too much difference who opens the bowling against Bangladesh...

I really hoped they would put up a better show than this. Shows just how bad their domestic cricket is.

dinu23

International Debutant
what surprised me was the shot selection of the Bangladeshi batsmen. If u saw the shot played by Ashraful to get out you'd think he was on 50 or something.
anyway, if Mubarak doesn't get dropped now I'll have to shoot my self in the face.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
dinu23 said:
what surprised me was the shot selection of the Bangladeshi batsmen. If u saw the shot played by Ashraful to get out you'd think he was on 50 or something.
anyway, if Mubarak doesn't get dropped now I'll have to shoot my self in the face.
The million dollar shot is something that the Bangladesh have managed to perfect, even if they are only worth a buck 05.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t really be that surprised. I hope they put up a better showing batting-wise for the rest of the series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Things also may have been a little different if Mashud had of held that sitter.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mubarak plays another ODI and makes a well compiled 2 off 13 balls against the 8th ranked Team in the world !!

That should surely be enough to retain his place for the next ODI and forever more !!:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jayasuriya misses out on a ton . Out for 95.

SL struggling at 7/ 168 after 41 overs (interestingly -the overs reduced by 1 to 49 overs - Can any whiz kid explain the logic of that one !!:laugh: )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh have to be in with a very good chance of winning this one .

7/173 after 43 overs. SL likely to finish around 200 which must be Bangers best chance of winning .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bangladesh with some hope here. This will be a great victory if they can chase this down. 213 needed.