• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny GIF of Pak vs Ind

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Without children's TV, you'd never have been able to enjoy this thread.

Now, banning Australian children's TV and you may have a point. Round the Twist, Misery Guts, Ocean Odyssey... did we ever import anything remotely good?
Oh come on now. Round the Twist was pure class

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I found Afridi coming back to bat again reasonably funny. I always thought that it'd be an interesting experiment at club cricket if a batsman came out with a beard and a helmet on originally, and then if he gets out, 2 wickets later he comes back into bat clean shaven and wearing a cap. :p

Last edited:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Natman20 said:
While we are on the topic of Australian tv lets ban Australian music as well :lol:
Thats unfair, plus they may also ban the NZ bands that Australians claim are aussies. They claim any good NZ export as their own. Gosh.

Natman20

International Debutant
crickhowell said:
Thats unfair, plus they may also ban the NZ bands that Australians claim are aussies. They claim any good NZ export as their own. Gosh.
Can you believe that on an Australian tv show on NZ tv claimed Peter Jackson as theirs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what a joke. They have always done that with everything though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah the Comedy Channel, a channel on Foxtel pay tv here in Aus, made light of the fact that Australia always does that giving examples such as Pharlap and Russel Crowe (why we'd want to is beyond me), and then claiming that we are now doing it with the Kiwi animated comedy series Bro Town. Funny ad, great show.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Natman20 said:
Bro Town is actually in Australia? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: classic
Do I detect a LE-style tenuous link that could justify that?

Bro Town
Rhymes with O Town
A place in America
Inhabited by a wallaby called Rocko
Who emigrated from where?

That's good enough for English cricket, so why not Aussie culture?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PY said:
LOL @ Neil's typo and the actual event you were referring to I can't remember.....:unsure:

Remind me again (can't believe I just asked this :laugh: )
Come on. Public Speaking. Year eight... Viking FM's "remix" of Common People...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The night after...

The debate largely stemmed from the fact that a) I was bored and b) I tried to justify why I didn't find it amusing... badly

Anyway a bunch of (relatively) young people remeniscing about childrens TV can't be too bad, although TBH Teletubbies was a little after me, and I now reckon kids TV has gone downhill badly - the CBeebies channel just pumps out the same shows in different disguises day in day out. The Fimbles is a blatant copy of the Teletubbies.

Personally my favourite was Playbus (is that right?). The one with the cat and the why-bird in anyway.

The Baconator

Fireman Sam was always my favourite, I had an almost disturbingly long and well-informed conversation about it with a fellow fan yesterday.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I always liked the peter mail guy? was that his name? he had this truck and an animal(think it was a cat?) and he drove around with his car and deliverd mail and got into all these adventures! I loved that one!

The Baconator

kwek said:
I always liked the peter mail guy? was that his name? he had this truck and an animal(think it was a cat?) and he drove around with his car and deliverd mail and got into all these adventures! I loved that one!
Postman Pat?

Natman20

International Debutant
Do you think childrens tv is for lazy parents to plonk their kids infront of the tv and have a rest and just letting the tv do all the 'educating' work. Its the same for childcare, Parents just drop their kids off (and yes even on the day before christmas and the day after!) and have no idea how to raise kids not that I would know I don't have any :laugh: