• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Runner?

Jdz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Who do you think is the best runner between the wickets? Judged on calling, speed and other factors like that, who do you think is the best? Probabaly a stupid post but there seems to be a few 'best' threads.

I personally don't have a clue on this one.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Of the current cricketers, I would have to say Mike Hussey is pretty good. However, Michael Bevan has to be the best I have ever seen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bevan - the best I have seen.

Among current international cricketers - Inzamam easily.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Pratyush said:
Bevan - the best I have seen.

Among current international cricketers - Inzamam easily.
Inzamam IS actually a very good judge of a run....
......he's just too fat and slow to complete one though.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I don't remember Bevan as being especially quick between the wickets...he was just an excellent judge of a run, and knew exactly when he could make 2 into 3 etc....so he was an excellent runner without having the speed of some others.
Of current players, Kaif, Hussey, McCullum, Collingwood are all very good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ashwell Prince is awesome between the wickets. He's equal to the likes of Collingwood, Kaif, McCullum and Hussey IMO. Particularly in ODIs, but its also very obvious in tests as he isn't a boundary hitter but nudges the ball around and makes 1s into 2s often.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
sledger said:
collingwood is a pretty good runner most of the time.
Collingwood is outstanding. You don't appreciate his fielding and running until you see it up close - I watched him closely when Durham played at Somerset last year in an ODer, and his acceleration after he turns is amazing. He's sprinting after one stride.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jono said:
Ashwell Prince is awesome between the wickets. He's equal to the likes of Collingwood, Kaif, McCullum and Hussey IMO. Particularly in ODIs, but its also very obvious in tests as he isn't a boundary hitter but nudges the ball around and makes 1s into 2s often.
He's frighteningly quick. Remember the ODIs last winter at the end - just could not keep him at one end.

open365

International Vice-Captain
gerraint jones looked pretty nifty between the wickets when i saw him at old trafford

Deja moo

International Captain
Jono said:
Forgot about him.

Samsung Super Skills timed him at 0.3 seconds faster than Kaif in running a couple :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Right now, McCullum and Hussey. Collingwood and Prince are also very impressive.

Best I've ever seen is Bevan, he simply leaves everyone else for dead.