• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I'm sure this has been done before but anyway..........

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
sqwerty said:
I'm convinced the standard of bowling was worse in the old days (so I suppose the batting was as well). Looking at old footage from the Bradman era every bowler looks like rubbish with laughable bowling actions.

I don't know if they were doing anything with the ball because the cameras are always side on but they all looked like parkies to me.
what about having 3 slips and a gully when the guy was batting on 200 + ? I saw the actual footage a few days ago.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Braddles would probably average 250 in the modern era. He'd be batting with Huss in the middle order, and Huss would never get out, giving Braddles confidence that he won't either. They'd probably put on 500 run stands all over the place.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Personally I think he would be almost as good, but not as good. In test matches today, there seems to be a lot more aggressiveness shown by bowlers and teams on the whole. Fielding is much better than it used to be just 20 years ago (not including Pakistan :p).

In current cricket, he wouldn't have to put up with two great bowlers (Warne, McGrath) since he would play for Australia, but he would definitely have to figure out a way to counter the likes of Akram, Younis, Murali, Akhtar, Donald, etc and some more quality bowlers the likes of whom did not exist in the Don's day.

Having said that, I think he would still be the best batsman in the world, leaving the likes of Sachin, Lara, Inzi, Dravid, Ponting, etc in the dust. And with the popular trend of batting allrounders that didn't really exist back then, who knows, he may have been a good Sachin-esque bowler.