cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Bracewell

John Bracewell

Is it time for him to go?

The way I see it he has made no progress with the side for the 2 years he has been in charge. Nothing has changed and we are slowly but surely getting worse. Sure he made our one day form go through the roof for a little while but even that has gone to the dogs now.

I see no improvements in this side whatsoever and IMO he has to go and Flem has to take more responsibility like he used to.

Thoughts?

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    I disagree. What he has done with the ODI side in the last few years has been great and moved us up to 2nd position in rankings. I now feel that everyone knows the style he has put in our squad and therefore they can now beat us convincingly, It is time for him to go IMO

could a mod possibly add a poll?

Bracewell must go. As far as I can see, the decline started the moment he was put in charge. He's got a screw loose, I mean, you'd think he might just take a look at Fulton in the test side, but he refuses to even consider it. He's turning into New Zealand's Ilingworth. I think the job ought to go to John Wright or the guy who was with us when we were doing well.

ODIs it might be early to press the panic button, but tests, I mean, it's dreadful. We have to get rid of him, there isn't any other option.

An interesting discussion.

For stability i would disagree: there are less than 15 months to go until the next World Cup. That is the ultimate goal and what he and Flem have been working for in Braces' time in charge. If we do not win the World Cup then drop him. Simple as that.

He has done some good things, as Natman has stated. The flipside of our fluctuating one-day fortunes is that our test cricket has been at its lowest ebb. There has been mention of trialing separate test and one-day coaches, which i guess has potential. If Bracewell wins the World Cup, all these poor results will be forgiven.
    "Harmison runs in now....a comical pile of sawdust behind him.."

-Henry Blofield, overheard, 4th Ashes test

He has to go, he doesn't know what he's doing and his answer to every problem is fitness
    50 cent is only half the dollar he could be
    MSN is warriors_fan@hotmail.com
    Manchester United, The All Blacks, The Black Caps and The Sydney Roosters All rock

Deja Moo's avater gives me nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM
    An interesting discussion.

For stability i would disagree: there are less than 15 months to go until the next World Cup. That is the ultimate goal and what he and Flem have been working for in Braces' time in charge. If we do not win the World Cup then drop him. Simple as that.

He has done some good things, as Natman has stated. The flipside of our fluctuating one-day fortunes is that our test cricket has been at its lowest ebb. There has been mention of trialing separate test and one-day coaches, which i guess has potential. If Bracewell wins the World Cup, all these poor results will be forgiven.
    The more time for his replacement the better
    If we win the world cup it won't be because of him

Quote Originally Posted by Lyell_Chris
    The more time for his replacement the better
    If we win the world cup it won't be because of him
    That's my point - there is no time for a replacement. A quick fix coach will not fix the problems overnight.

surely 15 months out is better than 6 months out when he quits because the media are having a go at him

Tim
    He has got us performing well before, so I still have faith in him. I worry about whether he has the same ability to do it at test level though. It would be stupid to drop him 15 months out from the World Cup. We've gotta keep trucking and hope they can turn it around.

State 12th Man
    Get McCullum to open and bring some new batting blood in.....all will be forgiven if he does that.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    From a non-NZ perspective, I can't see why Bracewell has been kept for so long...sure he's been getting decent results in ODIs (although of recent they haven't done all that well) but in Tests the team seems to have regressed...shouldn't you be more concerned with winning Tests than ODIs?

State Vice-Captain
    does anyone every consider that it might not be the coach that is the problem. He is not the only selector in the team. So you cant just say it his fault that fulton not in. It is one thing someone not performing, it is another finding someine who can do a better job. you cant just give them 3 games then throw them out. timing is cruciall

U19 Cricketer
    15 months seems like a huge amount of prep time to me

U19 Cricketer
    Ponting has made some useful comments regarding NZ's training. He said there is a lack of intensity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information