• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John Bracewell

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I knew someone would reply with that :p

Mind you, if he gave me some batting tips I'd take them. :)

Blaze

Banned
Tamara said:
does anyone every consider that it might not be the coach that is the problem. He is not the only selector in the team. So you cant just say it his fault that fulton not in. It is one thing someone not performing, it is another finding someine who can do a better job. you cant just give them 3 games then throw them out. timing is cruciall

Lol Bracewell has stated that he believes Fulton has back foot issues. I think it is his decision at the end of the day.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
the whole bloody selection team should be dropped if they keep putting macca and the twins in

Blaze

Banned
More evidence that Bracewell is useless last night. We were in a almost identical situation, at the same ground, against the same team at the start of the year, and we choked again.

Now this is mostly down to the players not keeping their heads but there is something not quite right in the team culture IMO. We don't have a winning culture. I was at the game, and the body language when we were in the field was disgraceful. We need something new, SOMEONE new.

Natman20

International Debutant
Absolute garbage. They played well and just came up short but it was a great effort. Still the issues of selection plagues the New Zealand side. The Aussies can always rely on someone to perform but NZ is very inconsistent in its batting anyway good knocks from Symonds, Clarke, Vincent, Cairns, Oram and Mcullum. Just shows what NZ can do after being all out for 105 last week

Blaze

Banned
Natman20 said:
Absolute garbage. They played well and just came up short but it was a great effort.

And you are content with that?

I am not denying that they batted well, but it counts for nothing if they can't get the result.

Natman20

International Debutant
Blaze said:
And you are content with that?

I am not denying that they batted well, but it counts for nothing if they can't get the result.
It counts for something. I'm sure that the blackcaps will be more confident now than they were a week ago. Who would of thought they could of actually won chasing 323 to win. The selectors just need to make a few changes like bringing in Fulton and then I think we could have a reasonable crack at any team that comes our way. I'm still not sure about the coaching of Bracewell, this year the blackcaps seem to have slipped a bit, choking at the end like normal.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Natman20 said:
It counts for something. I'm sure that the blackcaps will be more confident now than they were a week ago. Who would of thought they could of actually won chasing 323 to win. The selectors just need to make a few changes like bringing in Fulton and then I think we could have a reasonable crack at any team that comes our way. I'm still not sure about the coaching of Bracewell, this year the blackcaps seem to have slipped a bit, choking at the end like normal.
Nothing more pleasant than a culture of mediocrity.

Bracewell is snippy and abrasive. Which is fine if it translates to the team on the field. But it doesn't. What has happened is that we have lost our killer instinct, which we had slowly started to develop under Rixon in particular, and Aberhart. Bracewell came in on his coaching horse with a reputation of one-day success behind them, yet, after a rise, has managed to drive the team down to the depths again.

Show him the door either now, or straight after the Sri Lanka series. That's plenty of time before the World Cup.

Blaze

Banned
Voltman said:
Nothing more pleasant than a culture of mediocrity.

Bracewell is snippy and abrasive. Which is fine if it translates to the team on the field. But it doesn't. What has happened is that we have lost our killer instinct, which we had slowly started to develop under Rixon in particular, and Aberhart. Bracewell came in on his coaching horse with a reputation of one-day success behind them, yet, after a rise, has managed to drive the team down to the depths again.

Show him the door either now, or straight after the Sri Lanka series. That's plenty of time before the World Cup.

Exactly right. We won't come close to winning the world cup under Bracewell. I am willing to see what he can do in the Sri Lanka series but if it is same old, same old then he has to go.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But who's going to replace him? John Wright apparently wants some time out of coaching and there just isn't anyone else around in NZ. Are we going to be like most other countries now and select a foreign coach?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know, he's too close to the team..coming in as a coach so soon after retirement might not work if you ask me.

Mark Greatbatch might be ready in a few years now that he's at Warwickshire, I suppose his success rate will be monitored by NZC. He did fairly well with Central Districts.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
What if Hadlee or Crowe coached the team, I reckon they might be able to sort the players out. Also players will have respect for them

James

Cricket Web Owner
I rate the guy and he seems to be able to make the tough selection choices when it counts (dropping of Cairns for SAF).

It will be very interesting to see what sort of lineup takes on Sri Lanka but that's for another thread...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
Already got that one Honest. Read Dasa :p

yeah, juz saw that. Too bad I am getting into CW from cyber cafes, meaning I never really have the time to see if my point has already been made by someone else. :(

And, it is worth repeating too. :D

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
But who's going to replace him? John Wright apparently wants some time out of coaching and there just isn't anyone else around in NZ. Are we going to be like most other countries now and select a foreign coach?
I would love to go back to Rixon (not possible I know). He seemed to install the right attitude in the team. .

shaka

International Regular
Hope Wright gets the job if Braces does (should) go, unless by some miracle Rixon is available.