• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Superstitions

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
shaka said:
Chanderpaul using his bat to hit the end of the bail into the ground as he arrives at the crease.
Yeah that's a weird one, whether it be routine or superstition.

shankar

International Debutant
shaka said:
Chanderpaul using his bat to hit the end of the bail into the ground as he arrives at the crease.
Dravid used to do that earlier on in his career as well.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Dasa said:
Sarwan does it as well.
Hehe, I was just about to write 'as does Chanderpaul', but I had the good sense to follow the trace the chain of quotes back to its source. ;)

I don't know that it's superstition as such - I've been told a number of times by groundsmen that they'd rather batsmen did that than mark their guard by scratching a line in the pitch with their boot. Probably a more effective way of marking a guard anyway; I wouldn't know, as I'm rarely out in the middle for long. :p