• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest six hitters outside the subcontinent

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
Wasn't that the shot which Mark Waugh couldn't get to, even though he was like 6 yards away from the ball? We should nominate it in the greats thread.
That's the one, yeah. It tied the scores, then both of the next two balls Donald was stupid. Firstly he ran when there was no run and Lehmann missed the stumps, and then he didn't run when ther was one and of course was run out.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
Chris Cairns' father Lance could hit further than Chris. He hit 6 sixes in an over once and also hit a one handed six

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Flintoff obviously hits them big but he's a bloody big unit himself.

Pound for pound guys like Ponting stand up to the rest of them.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
I'd probably argue that and say that better six hitters come from other parts of the world than the sub-continent...

Flintoff is a unit and can belt the living crap out've it.
Symonds is a strong man and can smash them to all parts.
Kluesner was amazing in his time.
Brett Lee is fantastic at lashing out.
Gilchrist is equal to dhoni at least when he wants to be (the thing that makes him so much better is that he can bat in any situation)
Mark Waugh used to be pretty elegant in smashing sixes.
The list goes on

agree with all those, Pieterson would be up there too along with Astle, Cairns and Oram

Josh

International Regular
Lee, Gilchrist, White (when he gets on to 'em, they go), Gayle, Pietersen (hate saying it tho, it's all he does)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was surprised by Hussey's ball that would have been six that hit the roof against ROW, cause he didn't really strike me as a big hitter. And Gillespie's six in the Ashes was pretty brutal.

open365

International Vice-Captain
^so was Hussey.

He's more of a clean hitter than a 6 hitter,that one was a bit of a one off,he just swung and it went.

PY

International Coach
Couple of the English chaps hit the ball a long way.

I've just watched the Ashes DVD this afternoon and remembered Pietersen at Lord's, he walloped the ball MILES into the air and it struck the second balcony above the members.

Think the best I saw this afternoon was the strike from Freddie which Barney and Marc mentioned! That went friggin' miles, it's not often in an international match the ball clears the stands in England.

Another one people won't think much of is Tresco (he's not the biggest hitter obviously), when he puts his considerable belly behind it. Against Pakistan in the ODI series a couple of years back he hit a missile which was almost still rising when it hit the 3rd floor of the stand. Mark Nicholas started squeaking as per usual and one of the other commentators (I think) said he'd not seen anything like it since Lance Cairns was about.

I really want to see this Lee strike, sounds monumental. Think going downtown Zulu was the most fearful striking I've seen, four or six it was going to smoke you in the crowd. :D

Blaze

Banned
Lyell_Chris said:
Chris Cairns' father Lance could hit further than Chris. He hit 6 sixes in an over once and also hit a one handed six

He never hit 6 sixes in an over.. That was in one game, not an over.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
ramkumar_gr said:
Blackwell is an outstanding hitter, i would say one of the biggest six-hitters in England cricket history.
Now all he needs to do is learn to bat.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
ramkumar_gr said:
Charles Covetry, whenever he comes to the crease, ODI or tests, you can be rest assured
of some very big hits.
What you can be more assured of is that he'll get out.