• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nice make up their buddy, getting your excuses out already despite India not really in with a major chance of winning this one.
Right, you're only fairly insane, not completely insane as I'd thought for the past 4 months.
You're a master at digging past posts and threads, surprised you weren't able to on this occasion.
Couldn't be arsed to, not couldnt, knew it'd be easier just to ask.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well I didn't read the posts after that, in which you qualified the insanity with which you would regard Turbs. But still, you're deluding yourself if you saying you though then that India had any chance to be where they are right now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I didn't read the posts after that, in which you qualified the insanity with which you would regard Turbs. But still, you're deluding yourself if you saying you though then that India had any chance to be where they are right now.
I thought India could compete. I thought the chances of them genuinely outplaying Australia in Australia and actually winning were slim-to-zero (given no-one has since 1988\89 when they were still abysmal).

Anyone betting India would win would have been mad; anyone betting they'd not lose would have been making a bet they had a fairly small chance of winning, but one that wouldn't have been mad the way the former one would have been.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But now you have to a) hope Australia win, b) know that you are risking having Aseem choose your avatar forever more (this after already being mad enough to commit to a year-long bet), c) encourage his over-enthusiasm and d) make Gelman look either a) kind or b) silly or c) very, very smart for opting out.

shortpitched713

International Captain
But now you have to a) hope Australia win, b) know that you are risking having Aseem choose your avatar forever more (this after already being mad enough to commit to a year-long bet), c) encourage his over-enthusiasm and d) make Gelman look either a) kind or b) silly or c) very, very smart for opting out.
I didn't know that pasag had opted out. :blink:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It would have been interesting had Pasag gone through with it, and Turb claimed a series draw citing Sydney as in reality a drawn test :ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't rate Dhoni as far as I can throw him - I don't see him succeeding against the best attack in the world.

I'm also willing to say that if he plays every test he'll play eight innings as India fail to even go close to winning a test. I don't see anyone outside of Dravid and possibly Tendulkar troubling the Aussie bowlers.
Dhoni failed to make a 50 in the test series, so SirBloodyIdiot... you may choose my avatar.

Glad to see that you were wrong about India not winning (or even going close to winning) a test. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yer Bloody Idiot Jono. Any fool could have guessed Dhoni was never going to reach the half-century mark. :ph34r:

On other matters, I see Nath has had a Harbhajan avatar chosen for him. Disappointed - was expecting an "Australian wheel of mediocrity" featuring Warne, MacGill, Hogg and anyone else you can imagine (just please not Beau Casson) in the usual Indian style TBH.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, cheeky Richard. It was almost you, and not me who took that challenge :p

That being said, fairplay to SBI for making the challenge. I said at the time when accepting that I like those sort of challenges, because they're risky, but also support his opinion on a player/team etc.

Though frankly if Dhoni wasn't such a turd he'd have gotten his 50 at Perth and I would have won. :(

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup lost my avatar forever to Sam, no regrets tbh. Cuz' in my heart I know, were things normal at Sydney, this would very well have been a drawn series. It could all very easily have gone in my favour. However, that was not the case. If I had the choice of going back in time and getting a second chance to make my decision, I'd choose to continue with this bet time and again because I know India were very much in with a chance to draw this series, not as ridiculous as many thought it to be.

I will think of the avatar today Turd :cool:
Will put it on as soon as I am done with this Ponting one.