• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vaughan should stop talking rot

twctopcat

International Regular
EnglishRose said:
"Cricket is all some of them have left" - get some perspective laddie, they honestly are not going to give a **** about cricket.
And you would know would you?? You're being mighty presumptuous. Cricket obviously means a lot more to some people, earthquake or no earthquake, than you seem to give credit for.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
EnglishRose said:
"Cricket is all some of them have left" - get some perspective laddie, they honestly are not going to give a **** about cricket.
Any money generated from the cricket which will be provided for the relief work, might bring a few smiles in their faces, as Vaughan put it. I don't see why that part is wrong at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Actually, I think what he meant was that they could put a few smiles on their faces by raising some money for their relief work through the cricket. And I don't see anything wrong with that statement or that intent.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
EnglishRose said:
His comments were effectively directed about the earthquake though -- implying that cricket will alleviate their suffering/worries.

I mean seriously......... 8-)

A lot of cricketers need to get some perspective. These guys are extremely well paid, stay in five star hotels...etc.
They don't know jack all about the way average Joe lives and should therefore keep their trap shut as much as possible.
A lot of cricketers have a far better perspective of real life than many other sportsmen. For a start compared to the idiots who call themselves professional footballers, they don't get paid that much. A lot of them were also 'average Joes', as you put it (I know it's not as extreme as poverty in Asia), before they became professional so have a pretty level head on their shoulders- take Fred for instance.