• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This Ashes series is so exciting

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
dont know if its only me but i'm italian and i have discovered this lovely game only quite recently and this series hooked me up i'd like England to win but may it win the best is the shout that rise from my throat,
play it up guys,
what a lovely sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
yup you can say that again :)
are you thinking of starting playing yourself? you should!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think there's a couple of Italian Cricket Web members who do play. Are there any clubs where you live?

Shounak

Banned
cricnewbye said:
dont know if its only me but i'm italian and i have discovered this lovely game only quite recently and this series hooked me up i'd like England to win but may it win the best is the shout that rise from my throat,
play it up guys,
what a lovely sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoaa.. Someone gets hooked straight onto Test Cricket. Very rare. Most newbies are bored out of their heads..

Good on ya mate..

Barney Rubble

International Coach
shounak said:
Whoaa.. Someone gets hooked straight onto Test Cricket. Very rare. Most newbies are bored out of their heads..

Good on ya mate..
Yeah, great to see the sport making global connections.

Go forth and spread the word about the real "beautiful game". :D

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
Its nice to see you appreciate my interest in the game, and yes its strange to be hooked straight into an ashes series but i have pondered a lot about this game....basically i came from a baseball background i have played that game few yrs ago and still follow the MLB on a daily basis what really brought me closer to cricket was to find out that this ancient game is the "father" of baseball so i started making comparisons between the two and so on....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome to see fans from non-cricketing nations such as Italy. It really is. :)

Glad to see you're enjoying the Ashes, it really has been terrific. Hopefully you'll get an opportunity to witness the ICC Super Series which is coming up next month between Australia and the Rest Of the World. For anyone reasonably new to cricket, watching the tradition of the Ashes and then seeing the best of the best around the world battle it out is a great start to one's cricket watching career. :D

greg

International Debutant
shounak said:

Good on ya mate..
Very lucky he didn't stumble across South Africa-windies in Antigua ;-) 8-)

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
Yeah i look forward to that ICC Series, i read about it on the web...internet its obviously my main (if not only) source for staying in touch and watch some video clips. I reckon i'll buy the DVD of the Ashes as soon as is issued, just to remind me my first "whole followed" cricket Test Series.

Jono said:
Awesome to see fans from non-cricketing nations such as Italy. It really is. :)

Glad to see you're enjoying the Ashes, it really has been terrific. Hopefully you'll get an opportunity to witness the ICC Super Series which is coming up next month between Australia and the Rest Of the World. For anyone reasonably new to cricket, watching the tradition of the Ashes and then seeing the best of the best around the world battle it out is a great start to one's cricket watching career. :D