• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

crickmate

U19 12th Man
There will be probably two/three changes from the team you mentioned. Manjarul Islam Rana instead of Razzak. And S. K. Russel (new found left arm pacer) against Nazmul Hussain. And they are thinking of making a bowler(Abdur Razzak) supersub, although I agree with you that Rajin Saleh would have been a better choice as supersub.

James90 said:
My ODI Team:

1. Javed Omar
2. Shahriah Nafees
3. Aftab Ahmed
4. Habibul Bashar
5. Mohammad Ashraful
6. Tushar Imran
7. Khaled Mashud
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Abdul Razzaq

Supersub - Alok Kapali/Rajin Saleh

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Sri Lanka are underrated by some and those thinking Bangladesh could manage a victory should think about it. Sri Lanka at home are amazing and Bangladesh may have pulled off a suprise or two this year but they are still no match for quality teams. I do hope Bangladesh put up a good performance and they win a match but it is very unlikely seeing Sri Lanka in the Indian Oil Cup and the form of players like Jayawardene.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
dinu23 said:
problem is he's not in the squad.
Michael Vandort. Heard of him but how come he hasn't managed to break into the team ? He should have got a game against the begalis if he is on the verge of getting in. How old is he and what are his stats?

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
Vandort is only 25 years old. He made his test debut a number of years ago (2001) against Bangladesh and made some runs (including a score of 140). But they never selected him again, i don't really understand why.
you can check out his stats here

Btw, Bangla got destroyed by the Sri Lankan President's XI batsmen, chasing down Bangladesh total of 238 for no loss of wicket in the 36th over of the match. The two openers, Gunawardene and Tharanga scored hundreds.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if sri lanka play at full strength and are fully focussed, i can't see anything but comprehensive defeats for bang....

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone home?

Sri Lanka 269/9 in 50 overs, Bangladesh probably reasonably happy with that. Syed Rasul 2-42 on debut. Currently 71/3 after 17 overs, with Shahriar Nafees 32*. Not impossible for them to win, but Murali's only bowled one over so far.

shaka

International Regular
In case anyone was wondering what Bangladesh were on 161/9 after 45

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Upul Tharanga is better player though, a player to watch out for in the future. The only real positive for Sri Lanka to come out of these series is guys like him can get some confidence at this level.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah hopefully Upul Tharanga can get some runs and confidence behind him before the tour of Australia. It was also good to see Ferdando take some wickets, last time Sri Lanka was in Aus, the was the pick of the Sri Lankan bowlers.

dinu23

International Debutant
i realy hope they will give the last ODI to the new guys. there's no fun beating Bangladesh. :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yep, he's a massive talent. Was very impressed with him in the NatWest Series.
I reckon. And did I read somewhere he can bowl?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...well I`m keen!

Sri Lanka made a huge total, Bangladesh won`t win, but they have done well so far in reply.