• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Kasprowicz is BACK! he has all 6 W.A. wickets and has given Qld some hope in the match after looking well and truely out of it when Martyn was in.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
oh yes Kaspa looking very good, he & Dorey have really been bowling superbly this season not good for Dizzy who has been solid in his own right. Hope the selectors are watching.

also the form of Jaques again must be applauded just made 158 vs SA, Katich watch out he could well in be in the OD team for the VB series if he keeps this up.

Last edited:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Katich out, Jaques IN!!!! :D

Im pretty chuffed with the 71 by Marto, good partnership between him and North. Heres hoping for the first innings points....

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
aussie said:
also the form of Jaques again must be applauded just made 158 vs SA, Katich watch out he could well in be in the OD team for the VB series if he keeps this up.
It'd be a crime if he isn't picked. Wouldn't be wrong to bring in D Hussey for Hodge either. Don't get me wrong, Hodge is a worthy test player, but I don't see him as a one day performer, and definitely not a smart long term option.

Linda

kwigibo said:
It'd be a crime if he isn't picked. Wouldn't be wrong to bring in D Hussey for Hodge either. Don't get me wrong, Hodge is a worthy test player, but I don't see him as a one day performer, and definitely not a smart long term option.
Martyn will have his spot back thanks.

andyc

Casson takes a 5 fer as Queensland all out for 242, with WA losing an early wicket chasing 220 and Casson in as night-watchman

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Casson takes a 5 fer as Queensland all out for 242, with WA losing an early wicket chasing 220 and Casson in as night-watchman
yea good to see a young wrist-spinner doing well

Linda

age_master said:
yeah tough choice for the selectors - Jaques, Clarke and Martyn all in form.
Were talking ODI's... Clarkes already in the team, and Martyn should roll back in seeing as Hodge didnt set New Zealand on fire.

After all, he got Martin Love lbw today..... :D:D

howardj

International Coach
They've got to make him do something for his 2 year, $400K contract. It's either the World Cup, or the highest paid Domestic player in history!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
intersting game at the Gabba, WA winning by 3 wickets future prospect Shaun Marsh guiding them hope with 44 not out, well assisted by MOM Dorey 22 not out.

Mister Wright

Queensland face an uphill battle to be in contention come March. Time for Simpson to be replaced by Haurtiz IMO. Losing Symonds and likely Hopes for most of the rest of the season will be a blow, but we will get back Hayden. :D

brockley

International Captain
James hopes has done F* all with bat and ball all season,so why would the australian selectors pick him for the one day squad,the last noteable innings hopes has played was when he scored a 100 against pakistan A in september this year 4 months ago.
My thoughts are we will either keep white,skip the allrounder or bring back watson who will be back mid january.