• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson

twctopcat

International Regular
Do you genuinely think he is that bad richard or are you just trying to make a point?? I know he certainly isn't "supremely accurate" but there is definitely scope for development, even if he does scarily resemble lurch from the addams family sometimes. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, he has scope for development, certainly (though in 6 years you'd expect most of what could be done to have been done) but what I'm saying is people think he's quite good right now, and in fact he's utterly rubbish (by international standards) and pretty poor (by domestic standards).

twctopcat

International Regular
I know i'll prob get shot down for this but his stats are good, even with half of them(at least) from the rose bowl, but i don't think you can say he is poor domestically given his success.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
By seeing him bowl - simple as. So often he bowls the odd decent over (often with a few no-balls) then a few rubbish ones, going for maybe 5-an-over, but picking-up 2 or even 3 wickets with poor deliveries.
His stats are a big liar from what I've seen - maybe things are different in the First-Class game (where I've never seen him bowl) but for sure in one-dayers he's woeful, and his average flatters him big-time.